Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I've seen a few posts on here with regards to the 2009 FX 35 AWD towing. Basically I gather towing capacity is 2000 lbs. I bought a Sea Ray 175 sport (about 2700 lbs trailer plus boat). I'm having the dealership put on a OEM hitch and bigger transmission cooler. Trailer HAS BRAKES. Do you guys think I'll do okay towing this and also tow without damaging the FX? Any other precautions I should take?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
BrandonUK said:
Do you guys think I'll do okay towing this and also tow without damaging the FX?
Have you checked some of the other TOWing threads? Some guys have towed A LOT more than 2700 lbs... and is that 2700 lbs dry or wet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I went ahead and got the towing package put on at the dealership, but had some trouble with the hitch. Had to get the sliding hitch for height. Do you guys see anything wrong with this?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
looks right to me.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Looks good! But you sure that trailer and boat's only 2700 lbs? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, trailer and boat only 2700 lbs per Sea Ray. I actually towed it to the lake yesterday and it handled just fine. I was a little worried about pulled it out the water, but the FX did an amazing job and did it effortlessly.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Dont forget fuel, ropes, anchors, water tank if any, and all the other stuff that comes along with boating. Many people forget to add up that weight.

50 gallons of fuel= 400 lbs. Not that it is gonn make or break you here, but most people forget.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
No doubt the car can handle it, but I hope you have a good umbrella policy if you are ever involved in an accident while towing well over the rated limit...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tow a boat about the same size. After a 6 hour tow that included a mountain climb my transmission fluid was fried. I installed and would highly recommend a trans cooler.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
1mowave said:
I tow a boat about the same size. After a 6 hour tow that included a mountain climb my transmission fluid was fried. I installed and would highly recommend a trans cooler.
Didn't he say that he just did that on his original post? :?:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The odd thing about forums is buying a car, joining a forum, and then adding to a thread that's 6 years old. I always look for enthusiast's but this might not be active.

As an IT guy it looks like a few people gave up on marketing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts