Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
got word the paint on my truck is done so need to pick it up tomorrow, and say goodbye to me FX35 rental :cry:

Then, it's detail the truck and take her to Clear Lake Infiniti and see if we can do a reasonable deal for the DG/Black FX35 touring/tech. they have that I WANT! :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Deal is Done!
Not with Clear Lake though.
Went with local dealer, North Houston.

Will get my new baby on Monday!!

Figured could not really afford, did not really need tech., sooooooo

Brilliant Silver, graphite interior.

Touring

Sport

$37,200

Roll on Monday!!! WooHoo

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congratulations! Monday must seem like forever and a day now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes indeed, new "smoked" lights 05 FX

Gotta wait till Monday as they don't have the color combo I wanted.
They are swappaing with another dealer.

Mean time they have me in a fully loaded G35 coupe loaner :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dakine said:
Yes indeed, new "smoked" lights 05 FX

Gotta wait till Monday as they don't have the color combo I wanted.
They are swappaing with another dealer.

Mean time they have me in a fully loaded G35 coupe loaner :)
Wow. They gave you g35c loaner while yours is being picked up? Mine did not offer while they were bringing from out of state dealership. That is cool. Have fun and tear it up on the road since you're giving it back anyhoo :twisted:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Congrads and kudos for a good deal! :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny you say that SB

Talked to service manager this morning and he said "it continuously learns how you drive from the word go, so if ya want it to RUN, drive it like that to start with".

Is'nt there a "break-in period at all?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dakine said:
Funny you say that SB

Talked to service manager this morning and he said "it continuously learns how you drive from the word go, so if ya want it to RUN, drive it like that to start with".

Is'nt there a "break-in period at all?
He's right about the ECU learning your habits, BUT there definately is still a break in period. You need to seat the rings like with any other engine and take it easy on the brakes for the first 500 miles (no real hard braking).

These forums have plenty of complaints from owners who burn too much oil because they ignored this advice. :roll: Read the manual. 1,200 miles may be a bit extreme, but at least follow it for 500. 8)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep
thought 500miles was about right myself.
thanks for the confirmation

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Dakine said:
Isn't there a "break-in period" at all?
I gotta agree. There was both a long discussion on FA as well as an article I used to pass around that made a very good case for "driving it like you're gonna" from day one (but you might consider changing the oil at 500 miles, regardless).

What you definately have to do is to vary things up- go on and off the power, go up and down on the RPMs, and engine brake- all things I normally do in any car (I use the ManuMatic mode most of the time), but might not be for those who just sit in "D" and go back and forth on city streets a few miles each day.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
These forums have plenty of complaints from owners who burn too much oil because they ignored this advice. :roll:
They do? ... can you find an article like that for me, please?

I burn no oil, and I sure didn't baby my engine for 1200 miles.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I don't remember how I treated my baby when I first got her but we all should take an easy on her in the first few days at least. Brand new car's engine definately needs time to "brake in" espcially all the working mechanical parts which need the most. No worry, the ECU will always have time to learn your driving style so enjoy it, keep it clean and... drive it like an FXer. :p
Dakine,
Don't forget to do your clear bra, you've got to have it for the front at least, IMO.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know no one will agree with this. I too always heard break it in like you want to drive it. I had to fly to Austin to pick it up. They picked me up from airport in an identical car to the one I was buying, it was the sales managers FX. Brought along a handful of CDs Old "Deep Purple", Old "Almond Bros Band" (while Dwayne was still with us) and the radar detector. You get the picture. Once I cleared the air base it was "I wonder what this baby will do?" Did not go over 110 but it got there within my expectations. Been happy ever since. But that's me! Enjoy you FX!! I have 41K since April/03.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.