Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 2005 FX changes do you predict?

I'm not asking for a wish list because there are other threads for that. Just tell us what you think will be new, changed, etc..

* We already know the 2005 will get the Lane Change Warning System.

I'll go out on a limb here and be first (with 5% certainty): :oops:

1. Suspension improvement (not sure what but they really need to do something for the non-sport version).
2. A new body color (matching rocker panels would be nice too). How about blue metallic or Ferrari yellow?
3. More map coverage for the nav unit.
4. Pre-Crash seatbelts.
5. Auto leveling HIDs.
6. New seat leather/padding.

·
Registered
662 Posts
An article was saying body will not change for the next 3-4 year but there is going to be HP increase for '06 FX. And junior FX will be available in 2 years.

I don't want any change for '05 since I don't want mine to look outdated :D . But here is the list of improvements that Infiniti should address.

1. Auto suspension control like Caddy's or soft setting like VW's.
2. Rain sensing wipers.
3. Better leather.
4. Adjustable headrest.
5. Overall interior fit & finish.

Maybe super version of FX(FX-T) to compete with BMW X-5 4.8si?

·
Registered
848 Posts
1. Headlights that swivel up to 16 degrees...since the Lexus does 15
2. Adjustable suspension...as an option
3. Redesigned armrests for the center console
4. Voice control for the nav system
5. Vented front seats...as an option

Particle...are you predicting that they'll give up on Zenrin for nav, or that they'll just come out with v6.3?...isn't that due anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Particle...are you predicting that they'll give up on Zenrin for nav, or that they'll just come out with v6.3?...isn't that due anyway?
Good question. I suspect they will keep the Zenrin this year, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they replaced it with a voice activated system like they have announced for the new M45. I think our current FXs already have some support for voice input since it shows up in the diagnostic menus (probably only network/CAN support though). Bluetooth and an advanced dolby system are more possibilities but if I was Infiniti (lol) I would not release them for the FX until '06 so as to not steal any thunder from the M45.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The seats have to go, sh!tty foam and all. If they are offering kidney-buster suspension on the vehicle they sure as **** should be offering sporty seating as well. The G35C's buckets are a tad too agressive for a crossover, but those from M45 will do just fine. Bundling B16 with brick interior was retarded. That exterior color should only come with willow/black. IP should come with all-willow only. Bundling graphite interior with willow headliner was another idiocy. I don't care much for bi-xenon lights either, although they are vast improvement over the nonsense I had on my G35S. Back in the day when I was driving a 5-series BMW it had quad headlights that could illuminate the roads in next door county. And those bulbs were only halogen, mind you. Adding voice recognition function to the NAV is long overdue, as is making XM radio standard. We're talking $50K-plus vehicle here, folks. BTW, anybody think Twilight Blue and Royal Cabarnet would look good on FX ?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
What they should include:

- Backlit steering wheel controls
- Cargo area cover as std equip
- Better leather
- Ambient interior lighting

Options:
- Voice activated Nav/HVAC (like the current Q45 & M45s)
- Option to play DVD up front
- Rain sensing wipers
- Adjustable suspension
- Auto leveling headlights

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I don't think anybody's mentioned this but what about a heated steering wheel? They have it on other Infiniti models.

·
Registered
443 Posts
standard auto zaino feature

hahahahahaha :p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
hahaha

Well as long as we're dreaming here, on the 'Porsche, Eat My Dust Edition'-

Twin turbo 5.6L V8
True dual Ti exhaust
Brembo brakes
Forged 22" wheels w/ Z rated tires
Driver Controlled Center Differential AWD (a la WRX STi)

;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think there will be 3 unspecified color options for the no-option FX35 instead of ivory only.

The no-option FX35 is still packed with an amazing number of features, technology, and performance for the $$$.

·
Registered
235 Posts
They should improve that ugly screen on the non-navi...those orange fonts with that black background is just darn ugly...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
how about a piece of contoured thin black molding that sits on the top of the rear bumper faschia for protection and comes as a standard item, also retro fits back to "03. - biggest Group buy evah! i'm in. R U in?

·
Registered
204 Posts
remote open and close of rear hatch

My wife Drives a loaded Town & Country and it has remote open and close for side doors and rear hatch. I really like the remote for the rear hatch on the keyfob thing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: remote open and close of rear hatch

DAVESNELLING said:
My wife Drives a loaded Town & Country
I gotta ask...what's that? :?:

·
Registered
204 Posts
it's a (oh no) mimivan!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The auto close and open of the rear hatch would be great, but another feature I would like to see on the 05' and if possible replacement on 03-04 is auto fold in mirror on the drivier and passenger sides.

Maybe also a heads up speedometer on the windshield, sometimes at night you just dont know how fast you are going.
Jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
The auto folding mirror is a necessity in Asia..apparently, this is a standard feature on every cayenne..even corolla in asia has this so this should be a std feature on every FX...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts