Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some members that have been running after market HIDs for a while now so I will ask your opinion on going with 10k or 8k here in the L.A.area.? What has be your experience? Do you think I would get stopped , pulled out of the car and maybe thrown to the ground (ticketed) for going with 8k or 10k? I love the way the 10k look after seen a Caddys CTS looked a gorgeous purple......... sweeeet. But I have been sitting on what HID to go with for some time now . I don’t have a front plate as it is and wouldn’t want to give the poleezz a neon sign to stop me. I just don’t want to spend the cash then have to go back to stock or spend more $$$ on 6k HIDs. I cant take it anymore and need to make a choice. :?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hard to say, I see all sorts of "unapproved" HIDs on my way to and from work every day... and half the cars in my company garage do not have front plates (including mine!) - my feeling is that you've got to give them something to pull you over and a blueish HID is not enough....

:cry: now I've jinxed myself, watch I will get pulled over tomorrow...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shady, I once walked up to a Sheriff and asked him if he normally tickets those that have no front plate, and then I told him that im asking because I have no front plate on my car. He then asked what kind of car do you have? After telling him an FX he said he wouldn't even give me a look. :D I guess they only look at racers,gangstas, shady people :oops: opps =: probably dishonest or illegal. I just didn't know if the HIDs would be pushing it. I know what you mean about jinxing yourself.

·
Registered
361 Posts
In my experience, I've never been pulled over for unapproved lights, no front plates, etc. But, if you do get pulled over (speeding, running red light/stop sign), then its just something for them to add onto your ticket (which you were going to get anyways unless you look like a supermodel, i.e. SweetFX).

As of now, my FX is stock til I build up my funds. But my old Accord ran 6k lights (I think 6k, they were the blue ones), no front plates, limo tint all around, and I never got pulled over for those. Cop just added them on later when I got caught (I should invest in a radar detector one of these days) except for the window tint because I just roll them down all the way when he pulls me over.

When you go to court, photoshop the plates onto your car and photoshop your beams to emit white and print out picture. Judge will see that you have "corrected" your non-approved modifications.

Not advicating illegal activity, just telling you my experience.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sensei said:
When you go to court, photoshop the plates onto your car and photoshop your beams to emit white and print out picture. Judge will see that you have "corrected" your non-approved modifications.
<snort>

Here in Cali, all "fix-it" tickets have to be taken into a CHP inspection facility and then signed-off on by a Patrolman. The Judge only cares about the signoff.

Y'all could get away with that in TX?! You have it easy!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wont tint the widows on the FX because of past experiences. I had windows tinted on a vw Jetta and I was always getting tickets. Once stopped by LAPD and was told that if I hadn’t turned on my interior light in time that he was ready to break out my windows so he could see in :shock: . Back then I had many Sheriff friends that would write off the fix-it tickets . I started just mailing in the fines ($40 if I remember) so not to bother my buds. Don’t see my cop friends much anymore. Im just gonna go with 8k as of now unless someone thats rollin with 10k's shows me 8) "the light" 8) . Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.