Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this on general chat to try to get the most responses/reviews out there, and get a good consensus, for what is the best tire out there for our OEM 20"s. Most of the opinions in "tires" came to these two (three) as the best (or so I've concluded), but there aren't many reviews of actually driving on these:

all-season:
- Toyo Proxes S/T
- Hankook Ventus ST RH06

also, if snow is not a problem:
- BFGoodrich g-Force T/A® KDW NT Tires

***Any people out there with a few 1000 miles on any of these sets please leave a review with comparisons (handling, noise, comfort) to the OEM Goodyears.***

Toyo and Hankook both seem like a toss-up at this point, with both getting good reviews on the web.

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A® KDW NT Tires:
Anybody running these? They get great reviews for handling, but have complaints for being very noisy. Noisy compared to our Goodyears? Also, the sidewalls are pretty low profile. How does this feel on a ride comfort level compared to Goodyear?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have the Toyos since Oct I think.Quiet .softer ride than stock.Dry grip as good or better and wet/snow is better

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: tires: Toyo Proxes vs. Hankook Ventus vs. BFGoodrich g-F

Big T and Chunk said:
Anybody running these?
Did you reallllllly do a search?!

Anyway, they stick like glue, and as I wrote before, I don't notice if there's any extra road noise 'cause I usually have the radio up loud anyway.

·
Registered
441 Posts
All I can say is I have the BFGOODRICH tires and they are incredible
its like the car is on rails. I don't know what anyone is talking about noise.. I don't here any...Ride quality is fine. But I don't have the sport suspension. So the car rides fine. If you are looking for unreal handling then these tires are for u. I have a seperate set of wheels & tires for the winter.
Phil

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Big T and Chunk said:
.... for what is the best tire out there for our OEM 20"s. ...
If you can define the word "BEST" in your perspective then maybe we can shy some light into it.
Everyone has their own diff way for BEST. For example, some ppl would prefer to have a softer, smoother and quiter ride and get the most treadwear out from it and they'd call it BEST, but some is willing to sacrifice all that to get a stiffer, harder, european car feel like and an aggressive look of the tire and they'd call it BEST, so what is yours?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got my Hankook tires couple weeks ago.
And I already have 1,000 miles and...and...It makes me very happy.
They are quiet, comfortable!!(Note: I don't listen music when I’m driving)
When I got the 20" rims...I was so worried about the riding quality, but now, after little more than 1,000 mile drive, I decided to sell my 18' rims and tires.

This morning, Sunday 6~7 AM, I drove back home from Hartford, CT. and moderate rain falls... no other cars-more water on the road... the driving was unbelievable.

Just before I entered Springfield on I-91, there is a curve 50 mile speed limited zone, I remember with my 18" rims and stock tires, I try to make 80 mile turn...and tire got slipped side ways.
Yet, this morning, it was soooo much smoother and no slipping at all.

Based on my experience.... I recommend the Hankook Tires.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

kcrudup said:
Big T and Chunk said:
Anybody running these?
Did you reallllllly do a search?!

Anyway, they stick like glue, and as I wrote before, I don't notice if there's any extra road noise 'cause I usually have the radio up loud anyway.
I swear! The engine on this site must have malfunctioned...

Thanks people. I soaked in the advise, looked around a little more, checked out the link, yada yada, and decided.......................................................................................................................................

BFGs are gonna be ordered!

If I had to worry about snow, then it seems like the Toyo's are the winner (mainly due to the Hankook being more of a "no-name", although they both seem to get the same, great reviews). I guess tirerack.com has the best prices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
magician said:
All I can say is I have the BFGOODRICH tires and they are incredible
its like the car is on rails. I don't know what anyone is talking about noise.. I don't here any...Ride quality is fine. But I don't have the sport suspension. So the car rides fine. If you are looking for unreal handling then these tires are for u. I have a seperate set of wheels & tires for the winter.
Phil
Phil,

What wheels and tires are you running for the snow?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.