Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new FX35 owner. I always liked the look and sound of the car and after considering the Acura MDX and Audi Q5 I went for the FX. Recently purchased 08 FX 35 AWD - Touring - Tech pkg. - Grey / Black - 1 owner with 46500mi - I like but don't love driving the car. I expected stiff/sporty feeling but at times the ride is bouncy and also I am fighting the steering wheel especially on roads with grooves, ruts or lines. I want to LOVE this car...especially after taking the time and distance it took to find my FX.

I will be replacing the Bridgestone Potenza 18s and hope I can get tires that will compliment the ride and drive. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Tires are a HUGE deal... Especially with tracking... The OEMs SUCKED!!!

Not knowing where you are, I went on COSTCO.COM and used NYC to find a store... Found the MICHELIN PREMIER LTX in the 18" size and would recommend that...

If you find the ride is bouncy, you may want to check to make sure the tires aren't overinflated... Specs say 32 PSI, although I always ran them 34 front and 36 back... Then you can always upgrade to BC coilovers if you want a really good suspension, but that's $$$ and the OEM suspension will last you way longer than 46k miles...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the recommendation and information! I am in Charlotte NC - Costco close by and I'm a member so I will check out the Michelins. I have been a fan of them on my Acura(s) but tried them on my 03 Murano but wasn't so pleased....road noise and singing. I'm not sure of the tire name but probably not the LTX. Think I will stay with the OEM suspension for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts