Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oem goodyear 265-50-20 tires on my 03 fx45 are nearly shot after only 37kmiles. Replacement oems are nearly impossible to find. I have been told that replacing 265-50-20 with 285-50-20 is a great move; and I have been told that it is a terrible idea ( both pieces of advice came from reputable tire dealers). Can anyone provide a tie-breaker on this advice. I would like very much to go with a wider tire.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
ShadyJC said:
That equals ~23K miles? That is about right for these tires...
I think he means 37,000 miles (not 37k km)...

If you really got 37,000 miles you should be thrilled. About 25,000 seems to be the average for the OEM Goodyears.

I am with ShadyJC. I believe for 285's you should use a wider rim.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I got 29K.

I would not recommend 285 on 8" rims,your tire folk are correct

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
I got 29K.

I would not recommend 285 on 8" rims,your tire folk are correct
std. fare for the stock RS-As is between 25-30K miles

if you get more than 30 then you (meaning anyone) are driving like my grandmother :lol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm at 37000 MILES on my stock goodyears. Still using them. I'll post a pic of my treads for you after this Northeastern Blizzard blows over.

Basically my main center of the tire is bald but the sides still have some depth. Most the miles are on the highway and I'm not an aggressive driver in the city most of the time.

I'm going to use these till spring comes around then I'll switch over to the Toyos.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I bought my FX used will 11k miles and will probably get 24-25k total out of the Goodyears... maybe more, but I doubt it. I thought folks were saying 25k was about it, but it is nice to hear others are doing better than that.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
hey andrew, i have the same bald center stripe on my tire, but with less than 24K miles, i swear that they need to be replaced. of course i do drive hard on these :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
yes ... people are correct here about the width, 265 width tires are on the limit on a 8 " rim. there may be people here on this forums that has pushed it to 275. but as for me ill stay with whats on the car now. but every tire maufacture is different so you would have to do some research. some tires look wider than others but yet they still have the same profile. on my white car my 295' looked very very wide, with yoko avs sports, but i saw some continental sport conti with the same width and it looked wider than my yokos. and all this was compared to both our rims which were 10 inches wide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.