Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2004 fx35, it currently has the stock tire size 265/60/18 iirc. Anyways I can pick up a set of snow tires in decent condition for 50$...thing is they're 225/60/18. How well would or wouldn't these work. Speedo being inaccurate is not a problem, more a question of handling/fitting in wheel well. I believe these would be overall smaller tires than stock. Lmk thx.

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
114 Posts
This website will help you with your decision where you can compare tire size.
Note: As a rule of thumb you shouldn't change the OEM circumference by more than 3%. And you will find a wider tire may cause interference/damage to the body or rub on the strut springs in a lot of cars, but our FX design has lots of room. And with a narrower tire you may feel your steering has a "lighter" feel, which you may like.

Note: Your 18" wheels are matched with a tire sidewall that is taller than my FX45 which has 20" wheels and small sidewalls. However, the circumference and diameter is almost identical. That said, a 20" wheel on an FX typically has a stiffer ride, but most people favor the larger wheel "look."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts