Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly new to the FX35... have a 2011 Premium... is there a consensus on an OEM replacement tire that is more quiet and smooth than the ones that come on the car?

Are there other things that can be done to 'smooth' things out without adversely affecting the fun drive and handling?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be curious about this as well. Our new FX37 is a beautiful, fun-to-drive vehicle, but can be a bit rough riding. (And this comes from an owner of a G37S coupe.) Any tips on smoothing the ride?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have 20's on mine and replaced the OEM Bridgestones with the Yokohama Parada's. I didn't have a problem with the OEM's. ABout what i expected. the Paradas are great. Quiet, low wear, and grip well.

Don't forget it's 4200+ pounds with a stiff suspension. The tires are only responsible for some of what you feel on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
640 Posts
PS - do a search here on "Parada" and you'll find tons of strings and comments.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Real happy with my paradas. I have them on my 2006, just got them this weekend. They cut down on road noise significantly, and the ride seems slightly softer. I'm very happy, especially for the price. Previous tires were Falken Ziex STZ04, which gripped well and did awesome in the snow, but wore oddly and eventually got a little dry rotty.

:car30:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
love my Paradas. I had the bridgestones but they just wore out after 13,000 due to their softer compound. the pradas have excellent grip and are quiet like others have said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
replacement tires

Also looking to replace the bridgestone potensa's on my FX35. 265/60/18.

Looking at the bridgestone dueler H/P 92A and the Michelin Latitude Tour HP.

Appears like the Dueler H/P 92A might be a replacement for the Potenza that I understand is being phased out in this tire size.

Everything else I have looked at seems to be more of a truck tire with less emphasis on handling characteristics, noise, ride, looks, etc.

The dueler H/P has much better tread wear but on paper everything else looks real close to the Michelin.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
There were never a lot of replacement options for the 18" tire size. The Bridgestone Dueler H/P 92A is listed as a OEM tire, and the treadwear (260) is the same as the Potenzas that you already have. Plus they are priced at $238 each. The Michelin Latitude Tour HP looks like a good tire, but its pricey at $272 each. Have you looked at some other options like the Hankook Ventus AS RH07 (treadwear 420, price $142) or the Kuhmo Ecsta STX KL12 (treadwear 420, price $139). The Kuhmo looks pretty aggressive too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had Hankooks on wife's M35. Found them to be a very noisy tire. Cheap, both in price and quality. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Michelin Latitude Tour HP

My OEM Bridgestone's barely lasted 22k. Replaced with Hankooks which after about 10k were so extremely noisy that I thought I'd tough it out unitl the tread wore out, but couldn't take it. Tried all the tricks to quiet them down and switched to Michelin Latitude Tour HP. Sometimes the dealer has a buy 3 get one free which came out to some of the discounted online tire store prices. I tend to keep my tires a little over inflated (34psi) seems to help my MPG but does roughen up the ride a bit but worth it for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New tires for 2008 FX35

I live near Buffalo where we get plenty of snow and ice. I'm looking for new tires for my fx35.
Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts