Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good God - 6 weeks, and less than 2000 miles on my stock tires (Bridgestone Potenza's 265/60R18's) and I get a piece of glass in one of them. Can't be patched says the tire folks.

Also, can't be REPLACED because NOBODY HAS THE &%&*!! TIRES IN STOCK!!!! Unless I want to replace all four basically brand new tires so they'll match.

WTF!!!!!

I've called 5 dealers, no juice, gone to Sears, Discount Tires (2), and an American Tire.... ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Ok, now my rant is done.

Other than that, I love my '05 '35

(PS - Anyone else got a squeaky seatframe???)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i just looked at mine today for some reason and i was shocked!

i knew that i had to get tires sometime soon, and i was going to try and wait till summer, but the left side tires are COMPLETELY thru the tread on the outside edge :shock:

DOH!

looks like i get to give myself a 750-1000$ x mas present :roll:

·
Registered
882 Posts
do a search...been discussed a lot I know i've contributed to that discussion a lot...my chair still clicks after 5 attempts :(

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
mushutofu said:
do a search...been discussed a lot
search on "clicking" too. there are two issues with the seat frame.

(1) it clicks - this can usually be solved with some grease/lubrication

(2) it rocks and clicks - this CANNOT be solved with grease and the entire frame will need to be replaced if its annoying you.

there are TSBs for both (separate ones).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, my dealer came up with a fix

After many more discussions with tire stores and even Infiniti's corporate side, there appears there is nothing that can be done to get the right tire in the states until mid-january. Which left me with a tire I can go no more than 50ish MPH on, and supposedly going to visit family for the holidays several hundred miles away... not good.

HOWEVER, a service advisor (Joe) at the dealer I'm leasing through (infiniti of Montclair) was the only guy who said he'd call me back and DID, and has arranged for a different brand of full size tire to be put on the car until the new tires come in, and then will put on the new (matching) tire, all at no charge.

This was a big chance for Infiniti to really mess up on their customer service, and I'm really happy they did not. This definitely goes in the "good" column of having an FX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts