Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all use to dress your tire to make nice and shiny? I've used all kinds of products but was curious to know what everybody else used.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
GraFX35 said:
What do you all use to dress your tire to make nice and shiny? I've used all kinds of products but was curious to know what everybody else used.
i have the best luck by using black magic tire wet spray...BUT...i dont spray it on the tire. instead i use a foam tire dressing applicator and i spray into that. then i wipe the wheel down. that way i get nice even thin coats and NO fling when i drive.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use Armor All tire spray. Truthfully, I think they all pretty much work the same. And its just tires. Don't have to worry about sun spots (which I have the most difficult time with :( ) As long as it gives the tires that dark black wet look, I'm happy with it. I'm glad window dressing for tires is low maintenace.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Sensei said:
I use Armor All tire spray. Truthfully, I think they all pretty much work the same. And its just tires. Don't have to worry about sun spots (which I have the most difficult time with :( ) As long as it gives the tires that dark black wet look, I'm happy with it. I'm glad window dressing for tires is low maintenace.
i agree that most of them work the same. if you use an applicator, they all go on nice an thin and you dont get fling.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I was just curious. I use Black Magic and Armor All most of the time. And I hate the "fling" too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
787 Posts
Remember the way to get tires nice and shiny is to start with washing them really good first. This is what i do .Jet spray with hose first ,then spray tire cleaner on and then scrub with a brush then jet spray. Then go back and scrub them with ajax, then Jet spray. Then any product will make the tires nice and shiny.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Be carefull when choosing tire dressings.
There are a lot of dressings that do more harm than good.

Many contain harmfull silicones and petrochemicals that increase the rate of degradation.

These chemicals actually dissolve away the protectants manufacturers add to the tires and can cause sidewall failure (premature wear, sidewall failure, cracking, etc, etc)
Defeating the reason for adding a "protectant dressing" to your tires.
Generally, if it adds a lot of shine, more than likely it contains one of the harmfull chemicals.

If there is a tire failure, blowout, defect, etc..., this is the first thing a manufacturer will look for and if found, the warranty on the tire can be voided.

Protectants such as Einszett Tiefenphleger not only contain no harmfull chemicals, but actually contain "real" protection to the tire AND to the harmfull UV Rays.
(we are also developing our own brand of protectants and dressings, working closely with chemists to ensure only the highest quality and formulation that is not only a quality protectant, but also easy to apply and no "sling".

Hope this helps:)

Hope this helps:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.