Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tintshop that is going to install my clear bra asked if I wanted my front windows tinted.
I said no, because I live in the country with lots of trees and narrow roads and no street lighting. Visiting friends with small, not so designated parking lots, that is basicly a little clearing in the woods, is sometimes a nightmare get out. I am afraid that I might miss seeing that lone tree while backing up.
Anybody has 35% tint on their side windows and lives in the country? Is it hampering your night visibility?
I would not have any reservations if I lived in an urban enviroment, with lots of street lighting.
I sure love the look of having these windows tinted.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would check if tinting windows is legal in your state first... :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
krzys4 said:
I would check if tinting windows is legal in your state first... :wink:
Yup, not in Illinois. I want it badly though. :(

·
Registered
779 Posts
I know, I wish it was legal but we can't do anything about it... Remember that if you get pulled over for window tints, they will require you to remove them. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
35% is legal in my area and most other states. If I ever have to come to Illinois and get pulled over with my Arkansas tags, they surely cannot make me take it off, right?
I am more worried if my wife likes it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
CPPRPOT said:
35% is legal in my area and most other states. If I ever have to come to Illinois and get pulled over with my Arkansas tags, they surely cannot make me take it off, right?
Don't think they could make you take it off, but they sure could issue you a citation. That's one trouble with traffic laws...they're not uniform. For example, don't get caught with your radar detector in VA or DC.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
If a Jersey car with tints above X is stopped in NJ the cop may ask you to remove it on the spot.

Out of state cars are usually left alone.When I had tinted fronts,I left the sun roof shade open for more internal light

·
Registered
549 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
CPPRPOT said:
Don't think they could make you take it off, but they sure could issue you a citation. That's one trouble with traffic laws...they're not uniform. For example, don't get caught with your radar detector in VA or DC.
Yeah in VA. you'll get your radar detector confiscated swiftly. The fines with the "Commonwealth of VA." is pretty high as well. Great roads though!

In regards to the legal 35% tint, in CA. you can be cited with a "fix-it" ticket and prove to the local Sheriff's Inspection station that
the issue was corrected. At that point, it's tough to not remove the tint. I have 20% tint on all of my vehicles and have never had a problem with the authorities as long as you respect their safety and turn on your interior lights and/or open both front windows if you're pulled over or just crack your windows if they are sitting next to you at a light in a not so well-lit street.

CPPRPOT, on dark country roads of say Atlanta, GA. up North, I didn't have any problems with 35% tint on all windows. I think the best way is to just check-out /sit-in a 35% tint vehicle at night and deduce from your own observations. 35% is pretty conservative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts