Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 03 FX35 in Beryllium and had the front windows tinted yesterday. They installed 38% Formula One Llumar film and it makes the windows look yellow and not match up with the back ones. They told me that there isn't anything I can really do because the front and back windows are different factory grades and adding the tint just makes the variant in color come out more. They did say that putting 20% on the back would make it look better, but you would still be able to see a difference. Plus it would be harder to see out of the back windows.

Has anyone else had this similar problem (a yellow color to the front windows)? How have others tinted their Beryllium FX's?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
this data is from 1993, and it may have changed since then but in the state of Virginia you could have Net43% in the front and any tint you want on the back seats for recreation vehicles such as FX.

I still haven't gotten mine tinted but on my previous car i had limo tint all the way around till i got ticket then I changed the front...and after searching for tint info I called local tint place to get quote for mine, I may get it tinted tommorow for $170. that includes mobile service to coming to my place and up to 15% in the front and limo in the back... but i may just get 20%in the front and limo on the back since the law here says i could get up to net 28%in the front.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What do you mean by net?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have a B16 with 35% tint on the front side windows. I think 20% would match very close to the factory tint.

Here is a pic, not very well...but you'll get the idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just tinted my 03 FX35 with 20% llumar and it doesn't match. The guy who tinted it explained that the factory glass has a slight amount of green to it. It looks ok at night, but during the middle of the day you can see a noticable difference between the front and back windows

·
Registered
387 Posts
FX-1004 said:
fatory windows has some tint on it...they are not crystal clear...
so the net tint % is the film + the whatever the factory tint is..
Ahhh. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.