Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to get my front 2 windows tinted and there are couple of options.

The installer I decided to go with used Madico windows tint materials. Anyone has an opinion on the Madico brand?

Also there are several choices but the main two are either the mettallized window tint material (most often used) or a new ceramic material (it's about $50 more expensive for the front 2 windows). Any has experience with the new cermaic material and is it worht the additional $50?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
361 Posts
I currently have llumar 35% tint on mine. My gf have 35% tint Madico on hers and it's a bit darker. I wish I went w/ Madico.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I recently put on huber optik ceramic tint on my wifes car and I have to say it looks much better then my lumar tint. It cost more than double of the lumar but I think it looks really good. I will be retinting the fx with it next week.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Song's Tint Masters in L.A. It is located on Washington & Arlington. If you want we could meet up there next week. I was thinking about going on Monday or Tues. morning.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
For the front 2 windows it was $150.00

·
Registered
383 Posts
does it come in differnent percents like lumar does

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did my front 2 windows yesterday with Huper Optic ceramic. It does come with different percents 30-40-50. It is also thicker than regular tint so it takes a few days more to dry.

I used 40% for mine since the legal limit in Missouri is 35%. The windows look good, not as dark as the back but still it looks nice.

I paid $140 for the front 2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
anbody that has ceramic tint wanna comment on their cabin temps? is it all its cracked up to be? i'm thinking of getting a 0% ceramic tint for the uv protection and cabin heat reduction

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I have Formula One ceramic tint on my front windows. Heat rejection is similar to metallic window films. I believe the benefit to ceramic films is that they do not interfere with electronics like metallic film supposedly can, and they do not change color like a dyed film.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I have metallic tints... WAY better than dye and yes, the heat reflection is well worth the extra $$$... but I DO have signal problems with things inside my car cause of the metallic tints... not sure if ceramic is better or not for this though... never heard of it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
song's tint masters in LA quoted me $700 to do all 6 windows with huper optics ceramic tint....while california tint quoted $145 for all window and i believe they use johnson greystone....is huper optics ceramic worth the price premium?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts