Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 fx 35 and the tie rod on the drivers side broke completly off at 52000 miles. luckily it happened pulling out of the drive way and there was no other damage. it seems odd that it would break with such low miles on the car, anybody else have a tie rod failure ?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Never had one fail, but did bend one and need it replaced. The other one went bad at about 95,000, but it was replaced and I am at 118k miles currently.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had the car in to fix the tie rod. it did not fail, the bolt that held it in place somehow came loose and came out. partly my own fault i have not had the car inspected for 20k miles just regular oil changes.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
jbaker1121 said:
mine's bent twice on the driver front side...
How does one bend a tie rod? Hit a curb, or aggressive driving? Just curious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine passenger inner tie rod got bent bent too, at 42k miles

I was in a slight accident and hit a pavement. I had the car in and replaced both driver and passenger's side.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Dang, must be some serious potholes...

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
GJBenn85 said:
Dang, must be some serious potholes...
Well, it didn't seem that bad when I started down the downslope, but then I hot bottom and started the climb back back out. After that, it was all over, but the need for repair parts.

Yes, Ohio winters are tough on vehicles. ::?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 06 FX35 AWD requires new tie rods. They’ve never been done before and it has 93,500 miles. Going to do the inner and outer tie rods at the same time.
Was debating between Moog or ACDelco pro. Not sure what grade of line is being carried with the Moog so chose Delco pro and see how they are.
This FX has had the same owner for almost 14 years ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts