Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been living with my FX for just over two weeks now and thought I'd share some thoughts. I love my FX, and look for excuses to drive it. Hahahah.

Feature I thought I'd dislike that I really like: Power seat controls on the inboard side of the seat. I thought they'd bother me - and I have a rather large arse. But I haven't noticed them or felt any discomfort. But I have found that it's easier to get to the controls where they are rather than trying to squeze a hand down between my arse, the seat, and the door to make adjustments on the side. Very pleasant surprise.

Best part of owning an FX: Hard to say. Probably the dual-nature of the vehicle... Is it a sports car that thinks it's an SUV or an SUV that thinks it's a sports car? Tough call. But it has enough of the comfort and utility to be called an SUV, and enough fun-to-drive quotient and speed to be called a sports car.

Worst part of owning an FX: All the people that ask me how I like my Murano. Really. I get this often.

Random thoughts:

It sure rides stiff with the 20" wheels and sport package. Stiffer than I recalled from my test drives. But not so stiff that I dislike it - in fact, quite the opposite. Stiff = control in my mind.

Gas mileage sucks. I thought I'd be getting better mileage than the Tahoe that I traded in... The engine is still new and tight, so I need to give it time to wear in a bit more. And I have been driving pretty aggresively, enjoying the FX-ness of it. Oh, and while we're at it, what octane does the '35 need? I've been filling up on 87, do I need to use higher? Didn't see anything in the quick-start guide, haven't gone through the owners manual in it's entirety yet... Figure that if it needed 91/93, it would say so on the dash somewhere, right? (My BMW did)

Heated seats are fine. I've read so much about how weak the heated seats are, but I think they're fine. Any hotter would be uncomfortable, IMHO.

I'm in love. Looks great, sounds great, drives great... I should have done this much earlier.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
BigMatt said:
Worst part of owning an FX: All the people that ask me how I like my Murano. Really. I get this often.
:lol:
BigMatt said:
Oh, and while we're at it, what octane does the '35 need?
For the FX35, premium fuel is recommended by Infiniti, but not required. You can use 87 if you want. I think I get slightly better performance and MPG using 91, but it's so close that I personally don't think it matters a great deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i too have had my FX 35 for about two weeks and I second your thoughts about the 20s. I did not realize just how tight / stiff the steering / control was. I cannot let go of the wheel (not a common practice) for second because those 20's will find a groove in the road and follow it..

I absolutley LOVE the FX35 and have not looked back (2000 Landcruiser) but those wheels take a little more discpline than I thought they would!!!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
congrats pj!

Yeah, I think it's not such a good idea to let go of the steering wheel on this beast ;)

:lol: at the murano comment. Yeah I get that too.

I would use 91.

The funny thing is my jeep took a lot more gas and costed me 50 bucks to fill up on 87 here in cali and my fx takes less gass I assume and it costs 50 bucks to fill up on 91.

·
Registered
39 Posts
pjmurphy said:
i too have had my FX 35 for about two weeks and I second your thoughts about the 20s. I did not realize just how tight / stiff the steering / control was. I cannot let go of the wheel (not a common practice) for second because those 20's will find a groove in the road and follow it..

I absolutley LOVE the FX35 and have not looked back (2000 Landcruiser) but those wheels take a little more discpline than I thought they would!!!
With regards to the suspension its all relative what you were driving before, I had an M3 as a daily driver and thats still alot stiffer. The 265 wide tires do track with road alot and definitely keeps you on your toes, thats my only dislike so far.

I love my FX35, so glad I didn't get the X3

Question, so is the FX series not built on the same platform as the murano ?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
JLee said:
Question, so is the FX series not built on the same platform as the murano ?
It's called an Enhanced Front Midship Platform which is based on the G35 coupe. Murano is built on the Altima platform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.