Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, this is really getting kind of spooky. In around thirty-five years of driving, I've had my fair share of speeding citiations. I have to admit, I probably deserved about 75% of them, if you go by the old "ten over the limit" rule. But something strange is going on since I've been driving my FX.... I'm not getting pulled over. And I'm speeding. A lot. And a lot more than ten over the limit. Not driving recklessly mind you, but the car instills so much confidence that it just is more comfortable to drive fast(er).

Here's the scary part... on three separate occasions, different times of the month, in different jurisdictions, highway patrol cars have actually MOVED OVER to get out of my way! :shock: This was the Illinois Cook County sheriff Police once, and the Illinois State Police twice. These guys are notorious for stomping down on anyone doing eleven over the limit... often less. But for some reason, they've been getting out of my way, and letting me blast on by. I don't stomp on the brake when I realize I'm coming up on a squad... I usually just let off the throttle and coast down to a reasonable level. Each time I fully expected the rear view light show to start as soon as I passed, but no. Nothing. I'll probably get nailed tomorrow for even mentioning this. But what could it be.... does some local politician or police chief drive an FX similar to mine? Does the sight of an FX coming up fast in the rear view shock them into complacency? Do they realize the FX is such a fine vehicle that it gets a "pass" when it comes to aggressive driving? Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

BTW, I haven't installed the radar detector yet either. Maybe I don't have to? :lol:

Ron

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
RSSFX said:
does some local politician or police chief drive an FX similar to mine?
That was my first thought on it, too.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You know, I've actually had similar experiences. It IS kind of spooky. Hmmm, new Infiniti ad campaign: the Infiniti FX. The Force is strong with this one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
gone wayyyy over the limit pleannnntttyyyy of times - everywhere. Raced on the busiest streets.
No radar detector.

There was one incident, must have been going 15-20 over, and a police car pulls right up next to me pretty quickly and makes some noises with his car - no siren, just beeps. Then he starts talking... I think to myself, "Is he a MORON?! both our windows are down!"... so i role mine down, as does he.. (Mind you this is still while driving 15-20 over the limit).. he proceeds to tell me "quit playing lane changing games with your friend." I quickly explain that my friend was telling me my lights were off. So, he floors it and leaves. :? Weird stuff.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Gotta be careful with that karma stuff. I spouted off several times here about not having got a ticket, and then got nailed for a BS 69 in a 55...he couldn't really tell that it was me as I was in a pack of vehicles going opposite direction.

I did have a similar spooky one just a couple days ago though. Driving home on I66, I was cruising around 80, passing lots of traffic, and noticed a Chrysler Concord tuck in behind me. Definately didn't appear to be a threat (even had a nose bra). As I was reaching my exit ramp, he pulled up along side, gave me a very serious look, and I saw the big bubble flasher on the dash, and noticed FP on his plates...musta been his own vehicle. I figure he could have been off duty, or out of jurisdiction though. I've seen alot of folks stay behind police vehicles, not realizing that they were from some other jurisdiction...I enjoy checking, and if they're out of area, doing a fly by Top Gun style...I think that's a good karma thing :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I haven't gotten a ticket in 7 years despite plenty of errrr spirited driving. So I buy a G35 and within 1 year of ownership I earn a warning, a $100 ticket 1/2 mile from my house, followed by $700 ticket for speeding/unsafe lane change on the highway. For me that was all the writing on the wall I could possibly need.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
I've seen alot of folks stay behind police vehicles, not realizing that they were from some other jurisdiction.
Be warned- in CA, any cop can pull you over, but I believe on the highways, they have to call for CHP to ticket you.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
a $700 ticket for speeding/unsafe lane change on the highway.
They're still doing that $10 per MPH over the limit thing in Taxxachusetts?!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dude,

I haven't had a speeding ticket in 20 years until I got my FX 45 3 months ago. I have had two since then and not been even travelling that fast over the limit.

Consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Over the weekend, because of a fight at my birthday party where my FX got dented, the cops where called and two of them made a comment that they would LOVE to own an FX.

It just seems that so many people love the FX

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcumberbatch said:
Over the weekend, because of a fight at my birthday party where my FX got dented, the cops where called and two of them made a comment that they would LOVE to own an FX.
Can we assume that they ruled it a justifiable homicide? :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
kcumberbatch said:
Can we assume that they ruled it a justifiable homicide? :D
You want to know the kicker - Three years ago to the date and at my birthday party I had my I30T for 3 months and some POS put 4 deep, long stratches in the hood.

This time I don't have to pay for the fixes. I did not even know that it was my car that one of the guys had fell against until after the cops had left (they had been called for the fight).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
start checking your guest list, or park far far away, or...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I HAVE A SUPERCHARGER STG2 IN MY FULLY LOADED THEN SOME CHROME FX AND WHEN I GO DOWN THE ROAD AND PUNCH THIS PUPPY COPS PULL ME OVER JUST TO ASK ME WHAT THE **** THAT SOUND WAS!!! IM KNOCKING ON WOOD @ THIS MOMENT. I CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT IT WILL SOUND LIKE AFTER I INSTALL THE Z TUBE AND EXHAUST FROM STILLEN THIS WEEK. CANT HELP TO DRIVE MUCH MORE THAN 55 WHEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO WITH THE SC IS TOUCH THE PEDAL INSTEAD OF FLOORING IT!WOW!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts