Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made what seems to be the ritual weekend trip to Home Depot...this time to pick up the two sets of mirrored closet doors we ordered a week ago. There was plenty of room width-wise, but couldn't close the hatch. With a little rope and some towels to protect the paint and some of the interior, we made it home without incident. The FX gets plenty of looks already, but even more when looks on this trip :eek:

Got home and went to grab the digital camera to take a couple of pics but the **** battery was dead! Oh well..

The longer I own her, the more I love my FX!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
particlefx said:
I love listening to the exaust note when the hatch is open a little. :)
Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that :D :D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LibTech said:
How do you tie down the hatch? Do you have to remove the interior panel?
That did present a small problem at first. I didn't see any place to tie the rope to directly underneath the FX. There is a tow hook (not sure if thats the proper name) to the left near the exhaust, but the rope would have had to touch the exhaust had I tied it there. Another concern was, because the tow hook is off to the left, I was afraid that the rope would scratch the bumper.

Since I wasn't going far, I just tied the rope to the base of the windshield wiper, putting it on top of the Infiniti emblem to keep it from touching the paint. I placed a small towel on the bottom of the hatch to keep from scratching the paint and ran the rope over the towel, inside the back and underneath one of the closet doors and then tied it to the inside handle of the rear passenger door.

Maybe not the ideal solution, but it worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts