Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read here

then maybe we'll get some OEM FI units on the FX :lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
They can call it Nissan/Infiniti/Grandma Skyline for all I care. As long as it eats and breaths from the Skyline gene pool, that thing will probably be a killer on the streets. So much potential for those. :) Glad they're finally getting their act together and porting it over here.

·
Registered
597 Posts
From what I hear it's supposed to be packing 450HP and going for $75K. Who's gonna pay that for a Nissan ? Especialy given the pathetic state of Nissan stores inside-and-out , and the general cluelessness of its salesforce. But I guess Toyota decided to outdo even that. With their 500HP V8 or race-derived V10 super car and a price tag of $150K. Last I recall they were struggling to show half-decent sales figures for their Supra that went for 1/4 of that price. And let's not talk about the MR2 here :roll: .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
From what I hear it's supposed to be packing 450HP and going for $75K. Who's gonna pay that for a Nissan ?
Those who know Skylines.

Take a look at the Skyline forum on FA; there's a big enough market, IMO, to support this car at that price and you don't have to worry about getting ripped off by an importer, it's 50-state legal and Federalized, and has a factory warranty.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what i was getting at with the original post is the following:

when i was at the dealer asking about OEM FI options in the future for infiniti (i.e.. to compete with the M, AMG, Cadillac, tec..), my sales guy (who has been there for a while and is very up on the product line) told me that the GT-R would be the car to fill that niche and that there was no plans for the "amg" inifniti any time soon.

maybe if this baby goes to nissan, infiniti will tack on some OEM SC options in the near future for the M45, Q45, and FX45

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw...thats an old article. the one i posted was written much more recently.

....oh and tay, ... thats not what it going to look like exactly. they just threw a G35 body on there for testing.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I think it will be a huge mistake to market GTR as Nissan in US. I for one will be very disappointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.