Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm depressed. :(
Is it just me or do the quality of meterials, workmanship, and interior detail on the new M make the inside fo the FX look like an econo-box?
And how come we don't get a pretty new nav GUI?
I wonder when the FX is due for freshening and if they'll bring it up to par with the M...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don't be too depressed. I like the FX. I understand that newer models will always have better, newer, flashier, shinier, etc., gizmos and gadgets. Don't worry too much. When its time for you to trade up or upgrade, your new ride will dwarf what other older models have. That's the circle of life Simba.

Hukuna Matata

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, good lookin' out man...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
1 of the thing I don't like on the MB E500 is the controllers on the steering wheel, I find it a bit hard for my thumps. Now the new M uses the same concept. :evil:
I like the "flipping" switch controllers from our FX, very light and easy to use, especially in the dark.
I couldn't find a good pix of the new M's steering wheel to compare, Anyone finds one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sensei said:
Don't be too depressed. I like the FX. I understand that newer models will always have better, newer, flashier, shinier, etc., gizmos and gadgets. Don't worry too much. When its time for you to trade up or upgrade, your new ride will dwarf what other older models have. That's the circle of life Simba.

Hukuna Matata
That's true of course, but Nissan/Infiniti did get a little cheapy from around 2000-2004. Examples: FX shares bits with the Murano, plastic door handles and ugly amber screen (on non-tech). Leather feels real cheap compared to real luxury cars like BMW or Lexus (at least the graphite does). G35 from the very introduction has been nicked time and again for a cheap interior. So much so that Infiniti has finally addressed it this year, at least a little bit. (I had a G35x loaner once and man, the interior was cheaper than a 1992 Honda Accord!) Same goes for Altima which got a new interior this year and the 350Z.

I think they've learned their lesson though and hopefully the next rev will WOW us all. I especially like the M's feature that shows the nav display on the rear LCD screen, just like in an airplane! And it makes even more sense in the FX.

I like the design of the FX interior, but I wish the execution were a little better. I guess part of that is that I came out of an Audi though so I'm biased and snotty about beautiful interiors.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Just thinking here........

When they come out with all those nice new features and enhanced materials how loudly am I going to squeal about the acompanying price increase?........ Hmmmm.......

·
Registered
462 Posts
Motorweek on PBS spent about 4 minutes this week on the M. They seem to like it a lot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was seriously considering the new M, patiently waiting to see one this spring. A funny thing happened to the price. In December I was pricing (on Infiniti's website) a new M45 pretty well loaded in my price range (low $50's assuming they wouldn't discount for the first year). I had already decided the 35 wasn't enough engine for a larger car. Then, in January they raised the price on website by over $3,000. The car hasn't even reached the showroom. It's now priced like a Q45.

This pissed me off (I would have to settle for an M35 to fit my budget) and I decided I would have more fun in an FX45 and purchased mine right off the transport for invoice (probably $6k less than I would have paid for the new M45). I think the Q45 is history if the new M takes off. 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
I had already decided the 35 wasn't enough engine for a larger car.
Well, I don't know about that. MotorTrend just did a comparison test w/ the M35 and it did 0-60 in 6.3 seconds (that's right, the same time as the FX45). The M35 weighs 300-400lbs. less than the FX45 and is geared more aggressively which account for the impressive times.

As for pricing, the fact of the matter is the dollar is weak and likely affected pricing to a certain extent, but the M is still several thousand less than the competition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts