Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I have already posted a few times, but now I finally have the time to introduce myself properly.

As you can see I live in Germany - the land of the Autobahn. 8) The FX got my attention right after it came out in the USA. But when I saw it at the CES (Consumer Electronic Show) in Las Vegas this year (all black - pictures have been posted by someone else) I knew I had to get one. I am not a big fan of SUVs, but as we all know the FX is not really a SUV. It is more like a very big sports car. :D

Anyway, I bought a brand new 2005 FX 35 in Florida this February and after two long months of waiting my baby has finally arrived. I have no idea how many FXs we have over here in Germany, but I would guess less then 30. Not much for a country with over 80 million people, don't you think?

Before the FX I was driving a BMW Z3 Coupé for nearly 6 years. The picture below should give you an impression of how much I love the color black and how much I like to modify my cars. My first plans for the FX are to get rid of the roof-rails, get new (black) rims and lower the car with H&R springs, that are going to be installed next Tuesday. I'll keep you posted on how I like the springs, since I seem to be the first one to own them. :wink:

I guess that's it for the beginning and thanks to the guys who run this forum, I really enjoy it here.

Axel

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome! Black is a great car color and you're going to love the FX. Nice Z.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Is that an aftermarket hood for ur BMW or did you do the bodywork to get rid of the grills? Interesting. That look would grow on me.

Welcome! Go and terrorize the Autobahn now!

·
Registered
411 Posts
So that makes at least three Z3 Coupe drivers now with FXs - just on this board! I know I fell in love with the FX because it reminds me so much of my Z3 Coupe...

Great looking Z, btw. And please keep us updated on the H&R springs issue. We'd love to get them here in the States... How much $$ for the springs in Germany?

Matthew

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Ak1nza: This is not an aftermarket hood. I did all the work with the guys from my local body shop. They are the best.

@ BigMatt: I also thought that someone pumped up a BMW Z3 Coupé when I saw the FX for the first time.

Axel

·
Registered
28 Posts
:) Hello Axel,
I'm moving to Germany in July and I will be bringing my 03 FX35. It would be great to meet there. It will be my first time in Europe and I have some questions about service and parts over there.
I'm looking forward to meeting you..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi quicksmile,

any idea where you gonna be here in Autobahn-land? I am in the Frankfurt area, which is pretty much the center of Germany.

So far I had no contact with the Nissan people over here, since I just go my FX four weeks ago. But I'll kepp you posted. Lovette btw, who lives in Germany as well, tells me his dealer does a good job.

Axel

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will be arriving around the 15 of July. I will be living in Mainheim. Still have not found a place to live, I'm with the military so I'm not worrying jet. I was going to get an extended warranty, since my FX is getting close to 50K. ???
I look forward to an FX reunion.
Mani 8)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi quicksmile,

since Lovette lives in Mannheim (or very close) I guess you will be in good hands. :wink: Since I do not live so far away either we can get together for little meetings once in a while.

See ya soon
Axel

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi 05FX35,

I am not in any BMW forums since I am not a bimmer owner anymore. My heart broke when I sold it, but I had to make space for the FX. :wink:

btw: The mod on the hood cost a lot of time and money. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
another fx owner along with an M roadster having a 10 piont Dinan motorsports motor upgrade...gotta love the car but it's a bitch to drive long distances hence the addition of the fx to the stable...I'd love to bring my tube chassis ZZ502 over to the autobahn for a spin...oooahhhhhh...sweet ride axel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.