Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Mrs Johnmax got into a little accident last week with the Pumpkin :evil: . Ran into someone when he stopped short while making a right turn :evil: . Damage includes the headlamp, fog light, and bumper cover. Got the insurance estimate for around $2400. The headlight alone was $1200. The fender is just pushed out a little by the bumper cover; no real damage. Good news I guess is that it is just a new bumper cover, paint it, and put it on with all the new parts. No repainting anything.

I actually wanted to do the repair myself, but Infiniti will not let me, as the check is made out to me and infiniti. Since it is a lease, it has to be repaired by a body shop. Same goes true if the check is over $1500 on a purchased car. Sucks since I can easily bolt on the new parts :(. Oh well here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock:

OUCH

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about CRNCHKN? :D :(

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
LQ FXen aren't having a good time this spring, eh?!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a good spring so far. She also dropped my Pronto home theater remote and broke the screen and got our other car towed for parking in a no parking zone at the train station. $150 to get it out. All these things in just one expensive week. Ugh.

·
Registered
509 Posts
johnmax said:
Not a good spring so far. She also dropped my Pronto home theater remote and broke the screen Ugh.
Sorry Johnmax about your troubles. I have a question and a suggestion.

Question: what about the gap between the hood and the upper fender? It looks from the photo that the metal fender was pushed down?

Suggestion: Replace the Pronto with a Harmony Remote
I use the 688 with my Theater System including a DirecTV DVR120. It works great. The support is great and my wife and kids think it's easy to use.

My company has a custom home entertainment section and we do sell and program the Phillips Pronto. I can't tell you how many we have pulled out and replaced with the Harmony because the wife couldn't stand how unfriendly the Pronto was.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The gap is from the headlight pushing the fender a little outward. No problem to line it back up.

I got my wife used to complicated techie devices long ago. Now she figures them out pretty easily. We miss the pronto. I just love the customization you could do with it, graphics and all. I'm actually looking to get the color version, the TSU 7000, or maybe this sweet new WI-FI version: Phillips RC9800i.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I was gonna say, the headlight assembly is supposed to be in the $800 ballpark. What do they think you're driving - a Maranello :roll: ? BTW, consider it an upside that you won't have to paint the fenders. Gawd knows those could be a bitch to blend.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Sorry to hear Johmax! :(
Likewise -
This too shall pass

I'd say you're due for some better luck given all that's just happened to you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
johnmax said:
Not a good spring so far. She also dropped my Pronto home theater remote and broke the screen and got our other car towed for parking in a no parking zone at the train station. $150 to get it out. All these things in just one expensive week. Ugh.
Completly unrealted but how do you like your Pronto? We have had ours for a little under 6 months now and I think the thing is amazing, best remote I have ever owned, I know that's not saying much, but I really love the thing.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is great. The only thing I didnt like was it was not color, but now that might change :D .

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well its fixed. An awesome job by a body shop customer of mine. I could not find one flaw, and I am a little picky. Nice to see it looking new again, only problem is the new headlight looks a million times better than the one on the other side. He was telling me to clean them up they use polish, and actually sand them (not sure if wet or dry) with 2500 grit paper. Maybe have to try that.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.