Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

I thought it would be interesting to share some real world experiences of people who own Cayenne TTs at the 6speedonline forum (Porsches). Many of these guys/gals own several high-end vehicles and I know a bunch of them from other forums as well. There's a world of difference in quality and problem-free owning experience with the Infiniti FX vs. the Porsche Peppers. Not surprisingly, the X-5 is held in even lower esteem for performance, quality and finish if you wade through the specific Cayenne forums. I wanted to link you to this thread so that we can better appreciate and see what a great SUV the FX truly is despite a few relatively minor problems. These guys/gals are straightforward and tell it as it is whether their own vehicle is a Mercedes, Porsche, BMW or Ferrari. Nice insight to have from true owners............BTW, my own insight again, the FX45 drives better, is quieter and has better structural integrity than the Cayenne Turbo/ Cayenne S, not to mention the quality/design/ergos of the interior (unless you get full leather and maximize option, then it's decently nice). I do wish that Infiniti would option a full leather package with more AL trim on the doors though. Also, without a doubt, Porsche service/customer service plain sucks in Southern, CA., and I've visited many of the Porsche dealerships here. Even with this experience, a Cayenne is VERY far from your image of what a Porsche truly drives, brakes, handles like. The FX is closer.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/show ... genumber=1

Here's feedback from Ben who has owned or driven most everything under the stars. He even has a CGT on order that he's driven in Germany and wasn't impressed overrall. He is seriously considering cancelling it. Great reading on a long thread...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ben, lj
Re: Price for a new Cayenne Turbo

"How much think a 2004 or 2005 Cayenne Turbo can be had for?
and for those of you that have them, do you like it?"

Whatever the price, it's too much. This truck is by far the buggiest POS I've ever bought new. Here are just a few of the many things:

1 qt oil every 1k miles (so far almost 6k). btw, tires are showing significant wear already (wife drives it 95%+ of the time and like a grandma)
steering wheel likes to shake on the highway
almost zero air comes out of the rear air vents (yes they are open fully)
car counted down to 2k miles for the 20k service since new and now tells us everytime we turn it on that it needs to be serviced. dealer says bring it in (and pick up a honda or camry - already did this once when the wife was pregnant and will not allow my newborn to ride in such an unsafe car - it's why i spent so much on a porsche suv) to have the light reset since it doesn't need service.

acceleration hesitation is HORRIFIC to the point of being life threatening when expecting the 460 lbs of torque we paid an extra $50k for to be there when turning across or pulling out into traffic. porsche has no fix save for resetting the computer to temporarily stop it until it relearns to do it again

the back glass opens **** near everytime we unlock the car and won't shut without reopening seconds later until the severalth time.

the remote for one key has pretty much not worked since new (works MAYBE 5% of the time). second key is now acting just like the first. yes we have done the 15 sec in the first position to reteach it. yes we have switched keys so the one most often driving it is using the schittiest one.

in the fade dept, the brakes are absolutely not porsche grade.

the memory seats on the driver seat forget all settings (the buttons 1 thru 3) - often.

there are more, but there is no doubt in my mind why porsche's customer satisfaction took a header with the roll out of this POS.

Another post by Ben stating that it's NOT an isolated situation:

It's a combo CGT/C TT situation. I've seen enough posts about similar C problems to know ours is not an isolated sitiuation. After coming from two bullet proof ultra reliable 911s (had current one since new 4 years ago), the C TT is a GRAVE disappointment. After driving the CGT and realizing it probably won't even make it into my garage without bottoming out and then will almost certainly not make it onto the lift I spent money, time, and effort engineering into my new house (Porsche dealers have to buy $10s of thousands in extra stuff to allow it to be raised), I'm not real happy. Of course the clutch situation doesn't strike me as an engineering triumph as it was advertised. Sure it's little and light, but the trade offs for that cause the car to fail the advertised "everyday supercar" claim.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, it sounds like VW has done a great job of engineering their faulty electronics into the Porsches. Sounds about the same as my friend who has a GTi, or anyone I know who has owned an Audi/VW recently.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
Many of these guys/gals own several high-end vehicles
Oh my God! You mean waste "several high-end vehicles"! I have to pray tonight that God gives me more money than sense tonight:

that Ben guy said:
(wife drives it 95%+ of the time and like a grandma)
(and pick up a honda or camry - already did this once when the wife was pregnant and will not allow my newborn to ride in such an unsafe car - it's why i spent so much on a porsche suv)
acceleration hesitation is HORRIFIC to the point of being life threatening when expecting the 460 lbs of torque we paid an extra $50k for to be there when turning across or pulling out into traffic.
<sigh>

This was a Cay Turbo, y'all! (I don't believe his last point, if he spent $50K extra so "Grandma" can likely cut into lanes without a freakin' clue he's just ... dumb, IMO, no much money he's got notwithstanding (and I'm sure he's a bright guy, otherwise), and since when did Hondas and Toyotas become "unsafe cars"? I'll bet this guy lives here in SoCal, right?)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny Kenny:

I agree, I wouldn't say that Hondas and Toyotas are "unsafe" cars at all, but yet they don't have the safety technology of even our FXs to be honest. How many safety features do you need until a life-threatening accident? Then again, this is sunny Southern, CA. and the only safety feature you really need is common sense and some sort of defensive driving ability/awareness like them New York drivers.

Also, You're right! he's from Southern, CA. and the mentality shouldn't come off as an ego-trip but more as his own honest assertion and perspective. You know that some folks in L.A. are brand whores and wouldn't be caught dead being seen in a common Honda/Toyota. :wink:

On the high-end cars.... you know you would own the best vehicles you could afford for different experiences (track, 'vert, family grocery getter/trips,etc..) if you could just like the rest of us. 8)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hilarious!! reading that forum and almost choked when one said how the FX was so ugly... that same one thinks the Cayenne (who is a Hyundai Santa Fee look alike) looks good, what kind of crazy world are we living in!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts