Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an observation........ and, I know, there's all kinds o' drivers out there... even in FXs.

On my way into work this morning, this ...person... in a black 45 is tailin' me off my left blind spot. (From what I could tell, pretty dirty, too.) NBD. Surface streets. Three lanes each way. 40mph posted - we're doin' about 60. Almost no one else on the road. It's a little after 6. He gets in front 'cause of a light and a couple slower cars. Takes off. NBD again. I eventually catch up and pass around a couple of switchback curves. I always like these curves and I'm doin' about 75. I get stopped at a light and it takes him a minute, minute-and-a-half and I see him comin' up on me. Well, instead of waitin' at the light (left turn sig starts by now), he takes a right, cuts off someone making a left, pulls a U-ee and turns right again, thus getting through the red light. Takes off again (which itself is NBD). All this at a pretty good clip, too.

Looked like a fool.

What's that saying?.......... You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

Fast is one thing, but don't give the FX a bad rap by drivin' like a pig.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no big deal

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Must have been about 16 or 17 years ago so the details are a little fuzzy but.....

It's about 2 PM. I'm driving in the middle lane of the Long Island Expressway. I notice a big, black, BMW at about 2 o'clock to me. Which puts it in the right hand lane. Traveling faster than I am (which was highly unusual for me back in those days.) Comment to myself it's the first 7 Series BMW I've ever seen..

Sudenly, out of nowhere this car punches it. cuts directly across my lane, and the next lane, goes through an opening in the median and pulls a U turn crossing the other 3 *oncoming* lanes of traffic.

Traffic stopped in all 6 lanes of the LIE for this bozo.

I'd comment that the car doesn't make the man but in this case the man was a woman who appeared to be old enough to have known better.

I guess common sense isn't.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ahhh...the old right,left,right at the light trick :lol:

i know that everyone has their opinions on certain driving manuvers, but this one always cracks me up. the only time i could see doing this is in an emergency, but there is a light in NOVA here by the new target in chantilly and people always do that trick to get past the mild backup at the light in rush hour.

the funny part, is that so many do it, that i usually get thru the light just waiting in traffic BEFORE they can move thru the other one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.