Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Calgary Canada, my dealer received a few of these, I was dropping my car off for service. Things I saw that I haven't seen or have been mentioned.

-Perforated seats
-The aluminum trim on the around the shifter now has a stamped pattern, not brushed.( I thought that this was dumb because it is adding another shade of aluminum again since the steering wheel still has brushed aluminum)
-The LCD Nav screen is different, now is shiney instead of dull.
-The rear tail lights look very cheap, this was on the new saphire blue. I know alot of talk has been made on whether they would look better on some colors, maybe? but I think when you see them you will agree they look cheap.
-The front smoked grill looks ok, not a major change but once again they are adding another shade to the aluminum, chrome, and patterned aluminum now!

That's all I noticed

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
How was saphire? can u take some pics? i dun care bout quality use ur cheapo camera on ur fone for all I care i just neeeeed to see saphire!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Calgary Cheetah said:
Here in Calgary Canada, my dealer received a few of these, I was dropping my car off for service. Things I saw that I haven't seen or have been mentioned.

-Perforated seats
is this on charcoal and brick too ??

·
Registered
320 Posts
Calgary Cheetah said:

-Perforated seats
-The aluminum trim on the around the shifter now has a stamped pattern, not brushed.( I thought that this was dumb because it is adding another shade of aluminum again since the steering wheel still has brushed aluminum)

Scott
At first I thought there was something wrong with the photo but, thats what I thought when I saw these: http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/infiniti2005/fx/color/04_2005_fx45.jpg

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Don't go getting too carried away now. That pic. referred to is from the '04 FX brochure, page 26 , interior. Notice , it is a shot of an '03 FX, front pass. seat - 2 buttons/4-way ONLY!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Don't go getting too carried away now. That pic. referred to is from the '04 FX brochure, page 26 , interior. Notice , it is a shot of an '03 FX, front pass. seat - 2 buttons/4-way ONLY!
True, but we now have an eyewitness account that it is smooth aluminum trim with a print on it instead of brushed aluminum. Think my resale just went up another tick. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm wondering about that photo again too. If you it, and zoom in, you can see the brushed alum is different. Maybe they changed the style of the seat control...I can only see the front two buttons on the pax. seat..

On the new one you saw, I'm wondering if they didn't have one of those plastic covers over the display...you know, like the ones that you have to peel off of a new cell phone, or PDA display, just to protect it?...that might acctount for the shiny display :?:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
On the new one you saw, I'm wondering if they didn't have one of those plastic covers over the display...you know, like the ones that you have to peel off of a new cell phone, or PDA display, just to protect it?...that might acctount for the shiny display :?:
I would hope that was the case. I can't imagine why they would go to a shiny screen as opposed to the anti-glare screen.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
same pic. on the display, same scenery through front windshield, same time on clock, seat trim contours around 2nd / rearward button rather than continue to go straight toward 4th button, same "S" in rearview mirror. - just stating the facts as i see them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I can verify that is the new aluminum trim I saw last night. The color of the saphire blue is the same dark blue that is on the g35s. The perforated seats were charcoal!

Scott

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Calgary Cheetah said:
Guys, I will see if I can borrow a digital when I pick up my 45 tonight, I will post the pics tommorow!
That would be terrific! I'm sure they would be the first real '05 pics of the new color and trim posted anywhere. 8)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Calgary Cheetah said:
-The LCD Nav screen is different, now is shiney instead of dull.
-The front smoked grill looks ok, not a major change but once again they are adding another shade to the aluminum, chrome, and patterned aluminum now!
If true (not doubting, but awaiting confirmation), then I'm glad I didn't wait for the '05. 8) I was at one time seriously considering waiting for the '05 due to the intrigue of the LDWS. When I found out the LDW was only being packaged with the MES I decided it was going to be too costly (added cost of '05 vs. '04 on top of the LDW + MES).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trust me guys, the only thing cool about the 05 is the new perforated seats. The rest of the new stuff from the tail lights to the bumpy aluminum trim looks like crap!

Scott

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
oooo...

i just might have to get my front seats reaplaced with perforated charcoal ones ;)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Calgary Cheetah said:
Trust me guys, the only thing cool about the 05 is the new perforated seats.
My '04 Willow HAS perforated seats - NaNaNaNa :lol: 8)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
you left out one "Na" :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
I sat in an '04 FX45 on the weekend and it too had perforated seats.

Do all FX's NOT have them??

Not an owner yet but hope to be by Friday!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Punisher said:
I sat in an '04 FX45 on the weekend and it too had perforated seats.

Do all FX's NOT have them??

Not an owner yet but hope to be by Friday!
Only the willow seats are perforated on the '03 and '04 models.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts