Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you folks feel about that statement? Do you subscribe to sentiments such as that when it comes to cars? I've heard some say the new Beetle convertible is for homosexuals. Same with the Miata. I've heard Outbacks, Jeep Wranglers and F150s are favored by lesbians. What about the Vette owners overcompensating for you know what? Have you heard of any of these? Do you agree somewhat? Just wondering because today is Tuesday and on one of the Miata boards, Tuesday is the day "Miatas are for gays" sentiments are posted. What would they say about FX drivers? And don't say you wouldn't care because if it's repeated enough, you'll care. Just ask Miata owners on Tuesday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmmm..... very interesting topic....... look out for some bashing that might come this way, but as long as we're only talking about the cars.... I think Miata's are not the most "manly" cars around........
my two cents but the floor is OPEN!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Well, I have a problem with statements like this. I actually owned a Miata. In fact, I had one of the first built. My car was a demo that was used in many dealerships in 1989 before they were even availabe for sale. Mazda put it on the road and it made apearances all over the states. After the cars became available for sale, I bought it. It was the Blue, (one of 4 choices) and I loved that car.

And to answer your questoin, I am about as far from Gay as you can get. For the price, you could not beat it and when it came out it had no competition. I wanted a small convertible and was considering an MG, Triumph, Datsun 1500, or Alpha but was very concerned about the reliability of those cars. Now there is the Z3, Z4, SLK, TT, Boxter etc...these cars did not exisit then. I live in the smokey mountains and needed a top down touring car that was economical. This fit the bill. I ended up putting over 200,000 miles on it and by the time I was done with Mods, it was a pretty slick ride. I sold it for $8K, bought it for $15K and owned it for 9 years.

Great car and it did not turn me gay!

So, I don't think you can label people by the car they drive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I here the strippers in Dallas are some of the best in the country. Road Trip Anybody?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Try Portland Oregon. More strip clubs per capita than any other city in the US.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Portland OR + lots of strip clubs = HEAVEN

·
Registered
185 Posts
try Montreal's strip clubs, they are quite fun I heard :wink:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Up here we used to have young " gays " zoom about in Geo Trackers, and the more mature ones ( established interior decorator type ) in Range Rovers. What does that mean ? I always failed to grasp how a particular shape of the vehicle connotes anything in terms of sexuality of its owner. Because if it has, lesbians would be driving around in Jaguar E-Types . I think it's more of a cultural thing. In southern Europe men, who otherwise are as straight as a telegraph pole, during summer time wear the kind of colors that here would make RuPaul choke - no pun intended.
As for Miatas, it's not that they're feminine but **** small. Way, way back I was thinking about getting a Mazda RX7. Until I actually showed up in the showroom and had to struggle to squeeze myself into one, that is. BTW, that was the blessed time when my waist was only size 34 :oops: .

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am happy this conversation has turned away from speaking about Gay people. Nothing against it but would much rather talk about strip clubs.

I cannot speak from experience but I hear Dallas has the best quality.

Montreal - Great Place, the rules are a little different up there :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
leebay88 said:
I here the strippers in Dallas are some of the best in the country. Road Trip Anybody?
Houston ladies-of-the-night are by far the best in the country -- only for the way that you can get what you paid for, if you know what I mean. :wink:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
drewmebaby said:
Houston ladies-of-the-night are by far the best in the country -- only for the way that you can get what you paid for, if you know what I mean. :wink:
Have to agree... wait, am I typing? Oh, crap; nobody tell my wife... where's that delete button? :oops: Ha, Ha, been a few years, actually, since I've visited one here, but there are many to choose from (I think we're second only to Vegas) and lots of gorgeous women. Hmm, next HFXA meet possibility? :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Miatas have been fun cars and great inexpensive autocross vehicles ever since they came out in ~1989. A Gay friend of mine owns a white Honda Del Sol. Another "lesbian" acquaintance owns a new dark silver Denali with 24" Chrome Giovannis, and the whole TV/Audio custom suede/leather interior setup. When I was an avid hip-hop/street dancer ~ mid 90's through 2000 in the studios (Gold's Gym-Hollywood, Madonna Grimes Dance Studios, etc.) popular vehicles in the lots for Gays/Lesbs were BMW Z3s, 3-series, MB SLKs, a jeep or 2 and all manner of older sedans. So, I guess typical vehicles appeal to a very large audience including gays/lesbians. "Girly"-type association (euphemistically "feminine") may be more appropriate these days rather than saying that a car is "Gay." :D I'm not gay btw, but have a large exposure to gays/lesbians here in LA., West Hollywood,... :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
desualt said:
try Montreal's strip clubs, they are quite fun I heard :wink:
man i have a few stories about montreal :)

and gold rush in miami too :p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
particlefx said:
I owned a red Honda del Sol back in 1994 and while driving around NYC, someone from another car shouted "that's a girl's car". ::roll:
Sorry, I take it back. No hard feelings? :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts