Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep- last night on way home, some yahoo pulled a boner right in front of me; at highway speed on one lane elevated ramp. He missed his turnoff and panicked. Hit the brakes hard: but still was unable to avoid the twit. Nosed down and popped him from the rear. The wrecker drivers were on us in nothing flat. The police did not issue either of us a ticket; my wife was fit to be tied. She wanted the cops to throw this guy in jail for being and idiot.
Now we will find out how good the infiniti boys are when you really need them! My insurance will cover me for 30 days in a rental.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
TEX35B16 said:
Yep- last night on way home, some yahoo pulled a boner right in front of me; at highway speed on one lane elevated ramp. He missed his turnoff and panicked. Hit the brakes hard: but still was unable to avoid the twit. Nosed down and popped him from the rear. The wrecker drivers were on us in nothing flat. The police did not issue either of us a ticket; my wife was fit to be tied. She wanted the cops to throw this guy in jail for being and idiot.
Now we will find out how good the infiniti boys are when you really need them! My insurance will cover me for 30 days in a rental.
****! Really sorry about that Dave. Luckily it seems nobody was hurt. What's the damage to the front end like?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
TEX35B16 said:
...Now we will find out how good the infiniti boys are when you really need them!
What can we (HFXA) do for you?
Man, sorry to hear about the incident, hope everything will be OK with you and your family...... Dave, new '06 FX45 is coming out this Sept, very much chance getting 330hp.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
**** brother,sorry to hear about the accident. I bet Mrs. TEX was fit to be tied.

Main thing you and Mrs. are ok.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:shock: Man, sorry to hear that, Dave. Glad you guys are ok, though. Never ceases to amaze me, the number of idiot drivers out there. How bad is the damage? Air bags go off?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bags did not deploy. I went to the storage lot this AM to sign it over to the repair shop. Apparently about $5000 cosmetic damage to front left of my FX. The chrysler concorde was probably a total. Extensive frame damage to rear. Everyone was OK. Best as I can figure it; The guy missed his turn at a Y in the road and I happened by at the exact instant he decided to correct it. BAM! We will see how well the Berillium matches up. The car is a tank though. I was really impressed with the integrity of the chassis and cabin. As was my wife and other passenger.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, again, we're all happy you and the Mrs. are ok and glad to hear yet another report on how well the FX holds up and protects it's passengers in an accident. Did you happen to take any pics of the damage? Could you tell if any of your mods (like the STB) were damaged at all?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ouch Dave. I'm glad you and Debbie are ok, that's the important part. Better auto was damaged than passengers; taking damage to protect its passengers is what the FX was designed to do.

Hope everything works out. If need anything, just holla.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are "straightening" frame-unibody. Anyone had any experiences good or bad with having this done?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ahhhh....the old "PULL".

if its minor damage, this is ok, but its got to be minor. once any substantial damage is done, the car will never quite ride the same.

i had this done on my old G35.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Had this done on my FX as well following my accident. Rides great except for the continual pulling to the right and loud clanking noise when I pull out of my garage. :oops:

No, just kidding, no issues at all. :thumbright:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
just make sure you get a quick "test" in before you take delivery....or at least have a statement that you can take it back for more work in x number of days or somthing if it isnt right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.