Infiniti FX Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts
Yesterday i received mine as well and when i tried installing it i encountered the following problems: Neither the knobs are working, nor the HVAC. I messaged the Aliexpress seller, but he didn't even reply.
So in the end i am stuck at this point:
1. Knobs aren't working after battery disconnect and reconnect. I will check again the connectors tonight.
2. HVAC isn't working. I have connected the 2 (CAN) green wires in the connector behind glove box. I tried with connected/disconnected 32/36 pin connector also.In some cases it was blowing air through the vents, but i was not able to control blower speed/temperature.
3. In settings > "CANBUS BOX" > by default it is selected > LZ(HZ) > INFINITI > FX35 > LZ. I tried all other options but none of those made the AC to work. Some of those showed climate control temperature as "-.-" or it was stuck at 17.5C.
4. I kept connected the gray box which is found at the bottom of the old multimedia. All 3 original connectors are plugged in there.
5. Now i have 2 free connectors that are not connected anywhere.

Yesterday i received mine as well and when i tried installing it i encountered the following problems: Neither the knobs are working, nor the HVAC. I messaged the Aliexpress seller, but he didn't even reply.
So in the end i am stuck at this point:
1. Knobs aren't working after battery disconnect and reconnect. I will check again the connectors tonight.
2. HVAC isn't working. I have connected the 2 (CAN) green wires in the connector behind glove box. I tried with connected/disconnected 32/36 pin connector also.In some cases it was blowing air through the vents, but i was not able to control blower speed/temperature.
3. In settings > "CANBUS BOX" > by default it is selected > LZ(HZ) > INFINITI > FX35 > LZ. I tried all other options but none of those made the AC to work. Some of those showed climate control temperature as "-.-" or it was stuck at 17.5C.
4. I kept connected the gray box which is found at the bottom of the old multimedia. All 3 original connectors are plugged in there.
5. Now i have 2 free connectors that are not connected anywhere.
For your #2 make sure you have the right connections. see this thread:

Hey man, I hope your doing good. So I got the Tesla type screen and I am dealing with the same issues you mentioned about not having the 32pin connecter plugged in. I wanted to know if we could exchange contact and I could perhaps chat with you over the phone to see if you could make sure all the steps I’ve done so far are ok. I’m going to remove the connector tomorrow behind the glove box but figured I would see if you’d be able to have a second pair of eyes on the final process.
Everything else works. Just hvac is left.
Hi How did you remove the unit to get access to the 32 pin connector? I finally found it but i cannot figure out how to remove it so i can connect the 32 pin? I dont want to remove the entire dash. I removed two screws but its still got another 2 screws that i cant reach. its a 2007 fx45 any help would be appreciated

Hi How did you remove the unit to get access to the 32 pin connector? I finally found it but i cannot figure out how to remove it so i can connect the 32 pin? I dont want to remove the entire dash. I removed two screws but its still got another 2 screws that i cant reach. its a 2007 fx45 any help would be appreciated
Do you mean the 36 pin connector? if so check out this thread:"Ebay "Tesla" Style Center Dash Screen Console"

I've been thinking about getting a new HU after seeing it advertised on Ali, so I came here to see how successful you guys were installing it. After reading through all 7 pages of comments, I've gotta say you guys are pretty great. This is a great community. Think I'll take a stab at it. Just wondering if Kirinav is the best one to get. Thanks

I've been thinking about getting a new HU after seeing it advertised on Ali, so I came here to see how successful you guys were installing it. After reading through all 7 pages of comments, I've gotta say you guys are pretty great. This is a great community. Think I'll take a stab at it. Just wondering if Kirinav is the best one to get. Thanks
Good luck @Pkoo. I can't say for certain because the only one i have experience with is mine, but I think they are all about the same just difference in features/tech/processor.
Seems they all have some painpoint with installation.

Did you install yours?

121 - 126 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.