Infiniti FX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who is the maker of these units? I would rather buy directly from them instead of going through some 3rd party website.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine from Kiri Navi on AliExpress. It says android 10.0 so seems newer than some of the others.
I went with Kiri Navi because others on another forum had an ok experience with them. I still haven’t figured out how to wire the backup camera, and my 4g LTE hasn’t been working all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got mine from Kiri Navi on AliExpress. It says android 10.0 so seems newer than some of the others.
I went with Kiri Navi because others on another forum had an ok experience with them. I still haven’t figured out how to wire the backup camera, and my 4g LTE hasn’t been working all the time.

Thanks for replying Dean. Did you get the option with Carplay or DVR & camera? Also did you install any additional apps to pull OBD info like that in the factory unit (like trip info, MPG, mileage range,...)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for replying Dean. Did you get the option with Carplay or DVR & camera? Also did you install any additional apps to pull OBD info like that in the factory unit (like trip info, MPG, mileage range,...)?
I think it comes with CarPlay but I haven’t been able to test it out yet.
I ordered the one with DVR and camera but because my car had an existing camera I haven’t been able to connect it yet. I wanted to try re using the old camera first.
I didn’t know about any OBD apps, can you recommend some?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it comes with CarPlay but I haven’t been able to test it out yet.
I ordered the one with DVR and camera but because my car had an existing camera I haven’t been able to connect it yet. I wanted to try re using the old camera first.
I didn’t know about any OBD apps, can you recommend some?

The most popular is going to be Torque Pro.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

Can someone share info on how 's the upgrade unit work in extreme temperature (-36C in the winter to 40C in the summer)? I live in Canada and planning to install one. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Also I’ll take some pictures later when I have time

So I took the plunge and bought a unit. i got this one from Aliexpress

The installation has not been easy. There were no instructions and some of the connectors didn't match up to the original wiring. It was easy removing the old HU and installing this one. But my attempts to get support were not good initially. so the first time I installed it, the knobs an buttons didn't work. So neither did my HVAC. A few days later after watching a few youtube videos and writeups here and on another site, I realized one connector was not plugged in the right port. I fixed that and now the buttons and knobs work, but still no HVAC. I'm pretty confident that I have to make that disconnection behind the glovebox as I've seen mentioned a few other times.

One youtube video that was pretty useful was this one:

Finally today I heard back from the suppliers tech support. Even though it was not Kirinav on Aliexpress I bought my unit from, clearly it's the same company. After a third email (the first was in all Chinese, the 2nd was part English, but without enough detail for me), they finally sent installation instructions in English which I'll upload on here. THe email domain from the support people were all Kirinav. Soooo...

Anyway I'm not in an enclosed space and protected from the cold right now So I won't be able to get to this until later, but I think I have enough info to make everything run right. Oh one other thing is I don't see where the factory connections are for the rear camera. I have a factory one, but I don't know where the factory connectors are and therefore which one from the Tesla radio connect to it. Any ideas?

These are the connectors with no home (blue encircled are factory, red is Tesla):

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also finally got my Kirinav unit working with my FX35 2008 after a few weeks of tinkering. The gotcha are all mentioned already:
  1. make sure the factory gray AC controller was left plugged in, which powers the HAVC.
  2. make sure the 32 pin connector behind glove box is unplugged and connected to the Kirinav connector with 2 green wires 原车协议 (factory interface.) This passes through the temperature info, HVAC control, door sensors and backup sensor.
  3. for factory backup camera, check if the connector is wired correctly. This guide has the correct wiring. You can find similar information on the service manual "DRIVER INFORMATION SYSTEM" section which you can find a copy online. You want terminal 15 and 4 for RCA pos/neg respectively but the one I received had 14 and 2 instead. I wasn't able to get the pre-installed pins out so I bought connector and wires myself.

1608784820103.png 1608785018268.png

Otherwise reasonably satisfied with the unit. I still need to clean up the wiring, AC fans, USB pass through etc so might write back later with my user experience. Wireless Carplay works pretty well but gets spotty at times. Last couple days I had some audio issue with Carplay (it gets cut out randomly) so still need to figure out if something went loose during my tinkering.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also finally got my Kirinav unit working with my FX35 2008 after a few weeks of tinkering. The gotcha are all mentioned already:
  1. make sure the factory gray AC controller was left plugged in, which powers the HAVC.
  2. make sure the 32 pin connector behind glove box is unplugged and connected to the Kirinav connector with 2 green wires 原车协议 (factory interface.) This passes through the temperature info, HVAC control, door sensors and backup sensor.
  3. for factory backup camera, check if the connector is wired correctly. This guide has the correct wiring. You can find similar information on the service manual "DRIVER INFORMATION SYSTEM" section which you can find a copy online. You want terminal 15 and 4 for RCA pos/neg respectively but the one I received had 14 and 2 instead. I wasn't able to get the pre-installed pins out so I bought connector and wires myself.

View attachment 20190 View attachment 20191

Otherwise reasonably satisfied with the unit. I still need to clean up the wiring, AC fans, USB pass through etc so might write back later with my user experience. Wireless Carplay works pretty well but gets spotty at times. Last couple days I had some audio issue with Carplay (it gets cut out randomly) so still need to figure out if something went loose during my tinkering.
Kool! thanks for sharing the info on the backup camera. Kirinav has been unresponsive in the past few days after being more engaged earlier. I have been posting my progress more in another forum besides this one because there are members in both who have experience with this install:

In that one I shared more info about what it took me to get that connector above the glove box. ::)

I will certainly look at the wiring as you have shown and try to get this camera view fixed.

My last lingering issue is the steering wheel functions. Did you get those working? If so how?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My last lingering issue is the steering wheel functions. Did you get those working? If so how?
It actually just worked for me: in the Control android app, if you press any of the steering wheel buttons (e.g. volume up,) does the numbers on top change at all? They should change as you press different buttons signaling different button code. To associate a function, you would keep the physical button in pressed state, then select the virtual function in the android app that you want the button to trigger.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for explaining. And yes the numbers were changing. So basically you have to press the steering wheel button and the corresponding touchscreen command button at the same time? I’ll try that today!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received my Android unit yesterday and installed it this morning. Mine was an Asvegen brand with Android 10 and Carplay built in. I added the external TPMS and already had a backup cam installed from my previous HU Upgrade. My camera is the same as the cheap one they sent so I left mine in. I replaced the OEM camera a while back (a pain the a$$ - for real). Everything works well and sounds good (i upgraded the speakers a while back as well). No real issues with the install at all. Carplay connects with no issues, TPMS monitor works no issues, as well as the back up camera. I am definitely satisfied. Shipped to me in about 7 days for a total cost of $468 for the android unit and about $30 bucks for the external sensors. Feels like a new SUV! Lol

2005 FX45 with OEM Navigation originally
6219A5F7-812E-4C30-AD1E-FD9D8EC3833A.jpeg
1DEE078D-F3BF-48AC-B2A4-A5ADFB11D490.jpeg
36FD1F76-2CF3-4CCF-91CC-EBDEF40E7402.jpeg
91C86537-4742-40AB-895C-70B691F00EEC.jpeg
73A01AC8-068C-48E7-BCAC-7C83AB0E5A92.jpeg

Reactions: CeeCee

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just received my Android unit yesterday and installed it this morning. Mine was an Asvegen brand with Android 10 and Carplay built in. I added the external TPMS and already had a backup cam installed from my previous HU Upgrade. My camera is the same as the cheap one they sent so I left mine in. I replaced the OEM camera a while back (a pain the a$$ - for real). Everything works well and sounds good (i upgraded the speakers a while back as well). No real issues with the install at all. Carplay connects with no issues, TPMS monitor works no issues, as well as the back up camera. I am definitely satisfied. Shipped to me in about 7 days for a total cost of $468 for the android unit and about $30 bucks for the external sensors. Feels like a new SUV! Lol

2005 FX45 with OEM Navigation originally View attachment 20194 View attachment 20196
looks kool. I'm still not seeing the view from my rearview cam. I left my factory cam in place with the intent to use it, but I'm not getting anything shown on my screen except the guide template. Did you change any of the settings in order to get yours to display? Have any pics showing your connectors joined with the Tesla harness?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up purchasing this unit from Aliexpress from that same KiriNavi seller. I went with the 8 core, 4gb RAM, 64gb storage and CarPlay and I am pretty happy with it. It’s not quite perfect as the CarPlay doesn’t always connect right away and it doesn’t seem to be able to read the tpms like the original screen did but the AC controls are great, steering wheel controls integrate well, the touch screen is very responsive. I added a backup camera as my 2005 didn’t have one, (orange screen model), and I was very surprised to find that this unit reads steering angle from the CAN bus lines to give an indication of where you might end up while reversing. Sure that’s not necessary, but it’s neat to see this feature. The Bluetooth works pretty well. Normal android functions work as you would expect. If anyone has any questions about this feel free to ask. I’m very impressed with it and would recommend it. It’s like having a new car.
Will this fit in the 03 Infiniti Fx35? Its Basically the same Model as the '04 and '05

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up purchasing this unit from Aliexpress from that same KiriNavi seller. I went with the 8 core, 4gb RAM, 64gb storage and CarPlay and I am pretty happy with it. It’s not quite perfect as the CarPlay doesn’t always connect right away and it doesn’t seem to be able to read the tpms like the original screen did but the AC controls are great, steering wheel controls integrate well, the touch screen is very responsive. I added a backup camera as my 2005 didn’t have one, (orange screen model), and I was very surprised to find that this unit reads steering angle from the CAN bus lines to give an indication of where you might end up while reversing. Sure that’s not necessary, but it’s neat to see this feature. The Bluetooth works pretty well. Normal android functions work as you would expect. If anyone has any questions about this feel free to ask. I’m very impressed with it and would recommend it. It’s like having a new car.
Hey man. Now that you’ve had it for a while any issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed on my 2008 FX35 a few days ago but it seems to be giving me issues with the A/C. It turns it on and off by itself and when I push on the buttons on the screen or the side buttons and try to turn off A/C or set it low of whatever, It doesnt do anything. Anyone know why it might be doing this?
hey how did u pair your car to the radio...

61 - 80 of 88 Posts