Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any consider sending their ECU to Technosquare to get reprogramed, they are looking for 2003 FX35 to try out their software. I contacted them and they are in the LA are and looking for demos.

Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was planning on doing mine next month but if they need a guinea pig, I may be the one.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Drew,I hope you can.You have done the regular intake and exhaust mods,your A/F has to be off(probably still rich) and the gain in power should be enjoyable.

No one will jump 25 or more from a reflash,but 15 with all of your mods will let them work better together.Wish they were closer to you though...sure you do too!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So, Wireboltman, jimsbmw & myself should line up right behind drewmebaby - as we are all 35's with Intake AND "True Dual" Exhaust mods. :shock: O.K. guys, how can we get this going? :? I'm sure we are all in. 8) Right? ( I'm Finally in > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... c&start=75 )

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Hey, I'd do it, but...
Actually, don't you now have the perfect FX for this?!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
OK, I just talked to Brian at Technosquare and provided the body shop does not need to actually DRIVE my car around (i.e. they'll use rollers or whatever to move it around within their shop while it gets fixed) he would be willing to send it to Japan.

RU_MATRX is making a pretty significant sacrifice to give up the use of his car for 2 weeks while his ECU is in the hands of Technosquare overseas.

There's no guarantee that I will be able to give up my ECU (sorry, getting my car repaired is pretty high on my list right now) so if someone else LA-based can spare their car for 2 weeks give them a call.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
JC, I think in one of those pics. I saw a piece of your Exhaust hanging down :oops: ...mmm might want to replace with Duals, huh? j/k

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yes, and the accident clear knocked the TECH package out of my car!!! Can you believe it?!?!?!?!? :lol:

Well I just got back from a quick "tour" of the body shop I will most likely be using and they do need to have my car in drivable condition so looks like me volunteering my ECU is out for at least 4 weeks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Guys/gals:

Don't forget that in order for Technosquare to make their ECU/ECM upgrade marketable, they need a STOCK FX35/FX45, otherwise they are just doing a custom one-off which isn't very appealing for Technosquare in terms of time, costs and resources. It just wouldn't make a good business case. They want wider appeal and positive ROI with this mutual investment. Once they have a baseline optimization on a stock FX, then it's easy for them to tweak it further for popular mods or just custom-specific FXs for a slight premium. The sacrifice is probably 2 weeks of your FX35 not running, then follow-up with another few days of analyzing and testing in which the FX will be on a proper dyno. That's why I listed the Technosquare ECU upgrade as "Phase I."

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Are you up for this yet JC? :roll: For those of us who have modded already, would this procedure assist our FX's in optimum performance/mpg results? :?: http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm Or is there a BETTER way to re-teach our car to give us back our mpg?

·
Registered
34 Posts
:idea: what if every 35 owner is going to shell out for the reflash puts up like 50-100 bucks to get a rental car for the stock 35 owner? or is that retarded? :roll:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Whatever happened with this? If there no FX35 specific reflash available, will a 350 or g35 reflash work?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You can e-mail Brian at TS to inquire,but given their experience with Z's and G's,it should be easy

·
Registered
411 Posts
Be sure to tell them there are plenty of people on infinitifx.org wanting to buy their ECU reflash. All they gotta do is release it.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
They still need to dyno one and see a tech/non tech ECU as with the 45's by year

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
The Y pipe was my first mod after the re-flash and literally watching it learn over 4 passes and adjust was truly impressive...certainly the 35 guys can go elsewhere...I just want to say again..TS works and learns and maybe there are more sets to adjust to(Tech/nTech,'03/'04-'05.AWD/RWD),but bottom line there are a hoard of you and you should be able to find a way to coodinate this

It will make your mods better :D

Unlike some,I believe 2Fast4U is not a freak motor(a label given when we have no good explanation).I think his limited mods are in the comfort range of the ECU We have all now learned the motor loves more air...BUT push too far and the ECU can take you too lean or into detonation(a common trip for the 35).A good re-flash allows you to keep adding stuff and have the best timing and A/F

1 - 20 of 21 Posts