Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys! Let's get this going. Look at how small the FX45 market is, and they managed to get TS to put together an ECU update for them. Considering that they've already got expertise with the VQ35 engine and now with the FX chassis/computer, this should be a no brainer.

So who here is game? Let's get a list going - almost like a group buy.

Also, can anyone in the SoCal area volunteer and let TS use their FX as needed for the prototyping?

Who here wouldn't love to get a few extra HP out of their FX along with better transmission control and better gas mileage (all demonstrated benefits with the '45 reflash)? And how about being able to custom tune that flash based on existing and future mods?

BRING IT ON, GUYS! LET'S MAKE ENOUGH NOISE SO WE CAN'T BE IGNORED.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yep. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
If someone does get it done, can they also ask if this system will work with supercharged FX.

Jim

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Just visited TS's website and they can custom program for an aftermarket turbo/supercharger. To get a ballpark figure they're currently charging $595 for the G35 and $150 to reflash for repeat customers if major mods are added later.

Would like to see switchable settings like another tuner, GIAC, has. For instance a "limp mode" for valet parking so speed is limited to 35-45mph or a "stock mode" to return to normal performance so the dealer doesn't bust your balls.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
CAR54 said:
Just visited TS's website and they can custom program for an aftermarket turbo/supercharger. To get a ballpark figure they're currently charging $595 for the G35 and $150 to reflash for repeat customers if major mods are added later.

Would like to see switchable settings like another tuner, GIAC, has. For instance a "limp mode" for valet parking so speed is limited to 35-45mph or a "stock mode" to return to normal performance so the dealer doesn't bust your balls.
TS currently does the ECM programming maps for the Turbokinetics single turbo kit for the Z (eyeing one of those for myself...). As for the switchable settings, this is more easily accomplished with a piggy-back unit; I don't see how it could be done in the manor that TS works with the ECMs.

Also should be noted that it isn't neccessarily as easy as just having one guy take his FX in for testing. The ECMs in each model year have to be done separately and in some cases there are different versions within the same model year. Plus, the newer the car, the more difficult it is to crack; they haven't gotten the '05 Z figured out yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MustGoFastR said:
Also should be noted that it isn't neccessarily as easy as just having one guy take his FX in for testing. The ECMs in each model year have to be done separately and in some cases there are different versions within the same model year. Plus, the newer the car, the more difficult it is to crack; they haven't gotten the '05 Z figured out yet.
It may not be that easy, but it's gotta start somewhere. And that's as good as anywhere.

Matthew

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
True. Just saying that if one test mule is found and a reflash done, that doesn't automatically mean that the entire '35 community is in business at that point.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Some of the 35 folk have followed the 45 growing with TS and their history over on 350Z and G35.What we all now know is Tech and non-tech are different ECU's internally.And the '03 is different from the '04/'05.So yes it is a deliberate process,but it will get most of the modding 35's to where they want to go,especially given the TS experience with 3.5 motors already.
Certainly,Jimsbmw if your tuner has access to HKS and individual dyno tuning,you cannot beat that.
For others,ball park adjustments for mods beyond the norm may take extra steps
Given your numbers,you need to start somewhere.It was a step Iknew I had to make when I started,based upon my plans,just did not know who would step up...I am very happy with TS,I also knew piggyback was not in the my plan

·
Registered
906 Posts
Anyone heard new info about this?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm definitly interested in this. I emailed TS but so far I guess they haven't had enough interest or something.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm definitly interested in this. I emailed TS but so far I guess they haven't had enough interest or something.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I hope you have read the TS piece on 45 mods and you know that you will be down(w/o ECU) for a couple of weeks and a dyno pull...from there TS should be able to do its job and fine tune a re-flash.
I do not know if the dyno work could be done at AA in Maryland,the inside ECU is done at TS in Japan...you may want to bounce that off Brian

They need the right volunteer is all!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Go back and read the piece on the 45 re flash

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
No problem,I cannot write on my laptop,always resting my hand on something...spend too much time correcting

Something I am noticing on Inf/Nis is this change in parts'03 v '04-'05 for ECU,MAF.oxygen sensors etc and of course tech v non tech ECu
I am curious what or who was driving these internal changes inside the company

Technosquares Techtom does not read as much on the latest QX56 as it did on a 03 G35 as an example...more questions and few answers...yet!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
technosquare ECU definitely helps open up the VQ engine. works great in the V6 altimas with the raised rev limiter and air/fuel. for $550 it helped a lot

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.