Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi there,

I had a look at the recommended FX maintenance schedule, and it seems like after 30,000 miles, the AT fluid should be changed ... fair enough. The problem I have is that if you go to the next page ( http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Ma ... /FX/60.htm ), it show that the AT fluid is to be changed every 7,500 miles after that :? I have just recently bought an 04 ... does this seem right to everyone else?

ps ... the drive belts too???

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would say that the chart isn't exactly accurate. I would download the service manual and look in PDF ma.pdf and pages 4 to 10.

The service manual has a note about the drive belts and a note about the ATF:

After 60,000 miles (96,000 km) or 48 months, inspect every 15,000 miles (24,000 km) or 12 months. Replace the drive belts if found damaged or if the auto belt tensioner reading (only for VK45DE engine) reaches the maximum limit.

If towing a trailer, using a camper or a car-top carrier, or driving on rough or muddy roads, change (not just inspect) fluid (A/T, trans-
fer)/oil at every 30,000 miles (48,000 km) or 24 months. Using automatic transmission fluid other than Genuine Nissan Matic J
ATF will cause deterioration in driveability and automatic transmission durability, and may damage the automatic transmis-
sion, which is not covered by the INFINITI new vehicle limited warranty.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great ... I was seriously hoping that there was something wrong, as I didn't want to be doing those kinds of services so often.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a tsb thread for the 2nd gen but there is a voluntary recall on the 2nd gen steering column tilt/telescope motor.

Description: 2008 INFINITI EX, 2009 INFINITI FX; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN STEERING COLUMN COMFORT ADJUSTMENT

On some 2008 Model Year EX vehicles and 2009 Model Year FX vehicles, the steering column comfort adjustment features (tilt and telescopic) may stop working. This issue does not affect one’s ability to steer the vehicle. Rather, it only affects the ability to adjust the steering wheel comfort settings.
To ensure a high level of customer satisfaction among potentially affected Infiniti owners, Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the tilt and telescope motors. This service will be performed at no charge for parts or labor.
To view the recall document go to Infinitihelp.com or call your local Infiniti dealership. The recall/bulletin is Itb09-014:

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/showthr ... #post20624

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.