Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I talked to Nissan/Infiniti engineer today over the phone. They are actually calling a small number of 2005 FX owner. Those of you that fill out the JD power survey may get a call. She ask me the complaints that I have and area for improvement. I told her that #1 complaint that I have and I'm sure everyone here is the leather seat. I told her it's not up to par with BMW. Even a 5 months old 2005 FX the side bolster has wringles now. My #2 complaint is the NAV system(sorry for those w/o it) but it was my complaint to her. #3 complaint is the suspension and #4 is entry and exiting the car for the rear passenger and #5 attention to detail(like Lexus) . Well, she told me that for 2006 model year, the suspension will be upgraded to a softer ride and NAV may get an upgrade to the one M is currently using. She also told me that for 2007 model year, the FX will get a face lift for sure. I'm still meeting with the field engineer next Tuesday. They are looking into complaint regrading brake noise. There was a TSB service bulletin for 2003 and 2004 FX with brake noise and for 2005 model year the issue was suppose to have been resolved. But as you guys know those ith 2005 model have noise with their brake. I know I do and had complaint to my SA w/o resolution. I'm glad that they are looking into it.

She said in a couple of months after the study of the brake noise they will issue a TSB service bulletin to all dealer regarding to brake noise and then they will fix it under the warranty.

I also ask her about the wears of the brake pad cause someone here was complainting that it was worn out after a ?15000 miles. She said that the issue with brake pad wearing out only apply to the "G" and not FX. I told her that Infiniti may want to look into it.

I hope this help and if I didn't have your complaint on this list then I hope that when another 2005 owner get the call he/she will cover it for you. Peace :eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, another comment I made to her(engineer) that when they upgrade the suspension for 2006 FX they may want to put in a switch for "normal and sport" mode like the Porsche and some of the Lexus car. So those of you who like the rough ride can still enjoy it and for those who want the"cush" ride like the Lexus. I told her this will give us a choice for comfort. :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dude the suspension is the best part of the FX!!!! I guess its going to be watered down even more now... :x

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I'm so glad I got one of the early-model years of the FX before it gets dumbed-down for the masses.

With so many other SUVs out there with middle-of-the-road performance, why get an FX if you don't like the suspension?

I guess this mentality is what explains why I'm seeing so many base/stripper '35s on the road lately.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
kcrudup said:
With so many other SUVs out there with middle-of-the-road performance, why get an FX if you don't like the suspension?
I agree -

If you don't like the way the FX rides---don't get it. Pretty simple.

It all comes down to money, I guess, and trying to attract a broader spectrum of the available market. I hope they (Infiniti) don't give up/in too much or we won't have the unique vehicle anymore that we now do.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I think Infiniti needs to stress the intended market of the FX better. The FX ain't no mainstream luxury SUV that pampers and coddles its passengers. It's a compromise for sports car enthusiasts, but has a usable back seat and some cargo and hauling capacity. Potential customers should avoid the FX like a sports cars if they don't like stiff rides and tight quarters. Personally I think the Eibach springs should be standard on the sports package, and the base ride should have the stock sport springs.

I think the navigation system works well enough -- no major issues with it. My complaint is with the numerous stone chips on the rear passenger doors. I wish Infiniti slapped on a small piece of clear bra back there like Nissan does with the Murano and 350Z.

BTW, those JD Power surveys say that participants' names will remain anonymous and not be shared with others, so I don't believe Infiniti got your name through them.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
kcrudup said:
I'm so glad I got one of the early-model years of the FX before it gets dumbed-down for the masses.
DUDE! I love my '03. I'm also so glad I got the 03!
NAVI is actually not bad except for one thing and that's then nearby search. I ahve played with '03 BMW and MBZ NAVIs and they have some serious issues! Did you know you can input multiple destinations on BMW navi (like waypoints in Infiniti's).

Sorry bro I guess everyone has their oppinions and expectations from their cars.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
what's i say!? remember when i talked to my sales guy and he was talking about the same thing with the suspension? i guess this might come to fruition after all.

its funny becuase i like the current suspension ride in the '05 for just road riding, but i miss the cornering WAYYYYYYYY more!

thats the MAIN reason im lowering. im going from cushy to performance again in a big way. and it looks cool too ;)

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
bradical said:
thats the MAIN reason im lowering. im going from cushy to performance again in a big way. and it looks cool too ;)
Are we to understand the rails are staying , then? - :D

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the rails will be on the car when i lower. then im going to keep em for a bit and make my decision. ill leave them on until i meet with the group on the 18th and see what CAR54s DG looks like lowered without them (i suspect ill be removing them though) ;)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
kcrudup said:
I guess this mentality is what explains why I'm seeing so many base/stripper '35s on the road lately.
LOL give me a break. You are definitely one of the elite then. :roll:
Uh, my meaning, Mr. Point-Went-Over-Your-Head is so many people are buying stripper 35s with the 18" wheels around here 'cause they're buying the FX for reasons other than performance- probably "looks"- a fact further accentuated by how now I'm seeing more women in them (under-driving) lately.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
yup. i was at the post office yesterday and when i came out there was a suburban full of kids sitting next to it. the lady had stopped her car to stare at my fx and when i got in she said i had a nice car and asked me how i liked it, that she hoped to buy one, and drove off. i'm pretty sure she didn't want it for performance ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
MadFX said:
Hi guys, I talked to Nissan/Infiniti engineer today over the phone. They are actually calling a small number of 2005 FX owner.
Hey Mad, if you talk to her again make sure to tell her about our National Meet in Dallas (shameless plug):wink:

I can see Infiniti's position though. They just want to sell more FXs and by appealing to more of the mainstream I bet they do. I for one like the idea of having either two different modes (normal/sport) on the suspension or maybe Infiniti should offer a luxury package OR a sport package. Each model can have a more specific purpose and can be subsequently equipped that way. Sport enthusiasts still get the handling they want and Luxury owners will get the plush.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just being realistic, there's no way they are going to add cost by having a button to do 'sport' and 'soccer-mom' modes. And as to offering different suspension packages, THEY ALREADY DO! The problem is that people who buy the sport package really should not be buying it in the first place.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just being realistic, there's no way they are going to add cost by having a button to do 'sport' and 'soccer-mom' modes. And as to offering different suspension packages, THEY ALREADY DO! The problem is that people who buy the sport package really should not be buying it in the first place
I agree with you too on this I enjoy my FX very much but my wife wish the suspension would be on the cushy side. So, if next year FX come out with a button for either a "normal or sport" mode isn't that a better of both world? Sport mode for all of us who enjoy the rough and sporty ride an Normal mode for the wifey and the kids? Instead of having Infinti engineer dictate what suspension they want to put in. We can have a choice for both. Just my two cent

·
Registered
292 Posts
azwcat22 said:
And as to offering different suspension packages, THEY ALREADY DO! The problem is that people who buy the sport package really should not be buying it in the first place.
My point was to DIFFERENTIATE the Sport package more from my proposed "Luxury" package. I mean, really, what's the difference in the sport package right now? Wheels and...ah....umm.....yep, basically just wheels. Sure the shock and springs rates *might* be different but has anyone actually proved this? If someone has this info, please prove the different rates, etc.

My proposal:

You offer Sport package with the same springs/shocks as now, or even better lowering springs as other have said, a STB, and larger sway-bars. The 20" wheel, abeit lighter, are standard. Heck throw in a manual transmission to boot! :D

THEN you also offer a "Luxury" package with way softer cushy springs (probably like the proposed '07 ones) and same ride height as we have now. The 20" wheels are an option with this package.

Then you let the customer decide which flavor FX they want. Wouldn't choice be a beautiful thing? :wink: While the push button sport/normal mode would be nice, I agree that it's probably too much of an extra cost to justify unless they want to bump the price up overall.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Then you let the customer decide which flavor FX they want. Wouldn't choice be a beautiful thing? While the push button sport/normal mode would be nice, I agree that it's probably too much of an extra cost to justify unless they want to bump the price up overall

I like your idea too. :D That why I got my FX w/o the sport package due the the "rougher" ride of the sport suspension. But now that I know the sport package does not really come with a sport tuned suspension?(not a major different), I wish I have the 20" wheels, alum roof rail, clear tail lights and alum pedals. I would've spend the extra $1500

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

First time post here and I'm REALLY thinking about buying an FX especially after reading so much here on the forum. Thank you for all of the free knowledge! I would like to pose a question for anyone with any knowledge regarding the 2006 model...

Does anyone know if there is going to be a complete face-lift for 2006 or is it going to be 2007? Also, anyone know when the 2006 is due out?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.