Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if someone has already created one, but here is another one if anyone is interested. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Items Needed:
1) Flat Head Screwdriver
2) 5/16 Deep Socket
3) 10mm Deep Socket
4) Rachet

Optional Items:
1) 6-inch Extension
2) Large Towel or Mat (Something soft to cover the rear bumper)

5/16 Socket

10mm Socket

*Important: When reinstalling the bolts and nuts, DO NOT overtighten them.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Very nice step by step. Thanks!

*Putting this in the 'How-To' section*

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you need any kind of sealer after installing the new ones or am I good to go after just replacing them?

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Look like it a easy mods...... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man, thanks so much for the step by step with pics. Just picked up a set of clear for my "04 35 and will make the swap this weekend. Will send pics. Thanks again. hbom

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just did the swam, was very easy but one problem ! while installing the new lights and when i was clicking the two plasic clips together one of the little brass threads bent ! and now the light isnt working! where am i guna find a replacement for that little peice ?!?! any ideas, i really need to fix this before i get a fix it ticket

·
Registered
171 Posts
please repost!
cant see anything =(

·
Registered
171 Posts
your #1! Thanks! =D>

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did this mod on my 2004 fx35. The inner tail light bolt for me was an 8mm. Just incase anyone ishaving trouble with the 5/16.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Same here, don't see the pics. This would be helpful to have this DIY when (if ever) we get the clear tail GB going.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Agh, no pics, the tech manual isnt too clear but how does the "bumper side cover" come out (plastic cover between the hatch and the outer fender tails. Doesnt seem to have any retaining bolts and im afraid to just pull.

How does the hatch back panel detach??

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
With the hatch open, you will see a plastic cover that is about 10" long, it covers the screws that hold the brake lights in.
The factory manual is confusing.
Get your fingers under that plastic and pull it off, you will see the bolts.
Once you unbolt it, wiggle it out of the clip that holds the tapered end to the car.

As for the backup lights, with the hatch open look up and you will see plastic covers that pop off with a small screwdriver.
Same for the side bolts, two covers on each edge of the hatch.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.