Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I chgd out the tranny fluid on my QX4 the first week i got. It ran perfect and I just traded it in on my FX45.

I love this silky V8..queston..has ne1 switched to synth. tranny fluid ? Will this protect longer.

thx :roll:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FX4U2C said:
Hello all,
I chgd out the tranny fluid on my QX4 the first week i got. It ran perfect and I just traded it in on my FX45.

I love this silky V8..queston..has ne1 switched to synth. tranny fluid ? Will this protect longer.

thx :roll:
very good question........

dont know if NE1 has thought todo it really.........

wonder what type/grade comes oem......

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Used this Castrol replacement. http://www.castrolusa.com/products/Default.asp
Full DEXRON II/ MERCON. I never even asked Infiniti on my QX4.
But, i will be **** sure on this engine it is compatible.

Some1 must know about this Dexron/Mercon stuffs..... I am going to vheck me manual today.

FX4U2C

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Level 10 modyfied my valve body and modified the internal black that delays your manual control of shifts...then they added synthetic fluid...all is well

·
Registered
204 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
Level 10 modyfied my valve body and modified the internal black that delays your manual control of shifts...then they added synthetic fluid...all is well
More info on the modified manual shifting please.

This sounds interesting :p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes, more details please :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
gtxjoe said:
brnjugfx45 said:

HERE HERE

good catch here Joe... (missed this myself)

i (we?) are less-than-pleased with the oftentimes non-responsive manual shifter action (as i click down again, and again, with still NO response, or a HUGE drag-delay)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
esemes said:
i (we?) are less-than-pleased with the oftentimes non-responsive manual shifter action (as i click down again, and again, with still NO response, or a HUGE drag-delay)
No, that's a definite we; I want my tranny downshifting when I say it should!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
gtxjoe said:
brnjugfx45 said:

I had noticed a 300-700rpm delay in manual upshifts...tough to race like that.The first time Level 10 went inside to look at the trans,they found this little black box with wires in and out.They took a digital picture and had a copy made with no delay system(straight wire)It shifts when I hit it!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
gtxjoe said:
brnjugfx45 said:

I had noticed a 300-700rpm delay in manual upshifts...tough to race like that.The first time Level 10 went inside to look at the trans,they found this little black box with wires in and out.They took a digital picture and had a copy made with no delay system(straight wire)It shifts when I hit it!
can i get some contact info??

will they make more straight-thru boxes??

this sounds like gold!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
esemes said:
brnjugfx45 said:
gtxjoe said:
brnjugfx45 said:

this sounds like gold!
Pat Barret is the owner of Level 10,and fr iend,he has an exceptional reputation in the drag racing world and he took responsibility for the job,also valvebody and an ...OBD3 trick/973-827-1000..NW NJ

·
Registered
167 Posts
brnjug said:
esemes said:
brnjugfx45 said:
gtxjoe said:
brnjugfx45 said:

this sounds like gold!
Pat Barret is the owner of Level 10,and fr iend,he has an exceptional reputation in the drag racing world and he took responsibility for the job,also valvebody and an ...OBD3 trick/973-827-1000..NW NJ
Ok, this one's old... but what did u mean by OBD3 trick?!?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Curious,OBD3 is coming out,but not out yet...it is interactive with parts of the car,among other things
He had shown me a download of a cars performance maps/transmission maps that he was adjusting on his lap top for a "royal" customer(this really got my attention) this is 2.5 years ago,not sure about the reference.
They made a decision to sell the mod VB as a whole not a shift box

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Curious,OBD3 is coming out,but not out yet...it is interactive with parts of the car,among other things
He had shown me a download of a cars performance maps/transmission maps that he was adjusting on his lap top for a "royal" customer(this really got my attention) this is 2.5 years ago,not sure about the reference.
They made a decision to sell the mod VB as a whole not a shift box

1 - 15 of 15 Posts