Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
opinions.
Taking her in Monday (bout 1,000miles, yeah I know alot in 2 weeks but can't keep from driving, just too much darn fun) for the oil to be changed out to fully synthetic.
They say can bring my own or they use Mobil 1
They will charge me $31.25
Now, couple $$$ is not the issue.
I used to use Royal Perple in my Supercharged Truck and know Amsoil is great too.
Any opinions? Mobil 1 fine enough or go with another brand?
Easier to let them do it but open to opinions.
TY

Nick

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good question. Will be in the same situation soon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My Infiniti SA told me not to use synthetic. He said with short intervals (3750) it is not necessary. Also, he said Infiniti advises against using synthetic. I just do what the SA said, and no longer ask anymore. It keeps more money in my pocket, so I won't argue with him.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will not go into the properties of synthetic here (plenty on the web) but if you drive the FX like IMO it should be then full syn. has gotta be better. All oils break down in compound, fully syn. takes WAY longer to do so. It coats internals and sticks better so initial startup stress the engine les, yada yada.
This is like my last dealer telling me that ford (had supercharged harley) recommends partial syn not full syn for the engine. Thing was that Ford did not sell the full syn. therefore wanted me to buy their partial syn. (reported him for incompetance, as he was rude with his total lack of knowledge also, and this was meant to be a supervisor).
Anyway, not a question if syn. is better, just brand choice.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks richy.
Not looking for a definative, just opinions.
I really liked Royal Purple but both that and amsoil are not easy to get (and get this Royal Purple HQ is a 15min drive from me but they will not sell out the door :( ).
Not used Mobil 1 but due to availability and the FX not being a full blown racer I am sure I will go with that and it will be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
richy said:
i run amsoil in my fx35 and in every gasoline engine i own..i swear by it!! opinions are like [email protected]@holes though, you will get a lot i'm sure!
I've been using Amsoil for over 30 yrs. I swear by it also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mobil 1 is good stuff, been using it for over 10 years in my 93 Lexus SC400. After 140,000 miles, the engine runs like the day I brought it home and uses no oil in between changes. My FX35 has it since the first oil change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had my FX in for its 7500 mile service in February. I asked the dealer to put synthetic in - he said - oh no you do not want to do that - infiniti will void your warantee.

Hmm.

:shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.