Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to buy tires and I can not make up my mine.
I really need to make a decision in a few days.

As many of you know.....I am cheap. Trying to stay under $200.00 a tire.

Things to think about in my purchase: I drive fast, Very dry and hot conditions, sometimes rain, and I will use these all year.

Here is what I narrowed it down to:

* Toyo Proxes S/T

* BF Goodwrench g-Force T/A KDW

* Falken ZIEX STZ 01

* Hanook

I can't decide.................please help :D

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I am also making a similar choice soon. From you list, here is what I can tell. The BFG will probably handle the best, and wear the quickest. I think the Falken is H rated, but I'm not sure. I want to stay with V rated or better. My choice is between the Toyo and the Hankook and will depend on who has the best price when I buy. Sorry, I don't have any real world experience with any of them yet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
From what I've heard, the KDW are the ultimate in dry-road performance. I chose the Proxes S/T because i want a bit more all-weather performance (possible ski trip once in a while).

As far as personal experience, I just got the Proxes this past weekend and put about 250 miles on them in a couple days. They are great. The comparison to stock for me is not apples to apples due to the change in size, but I was pleasantly surprised that the ride is not harsh at all with a 35 aspect ratio and 22s. Less road noise than stock, but my tires were pretty worn when I replaced them.

hth

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at a different site...

I found Toyos for $ 183.00

and BFG $ 217.00

same place and shipping to me would be $ 145.68

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
the bfgs look mean! But if they wear faster and you don't like the look when the pattern goes away like 2fast said before then stick with toyos or hankooks. I am choosing new tires soon too :?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
I'm probably one of the few who doesn't like the look of the BFGs.
How much time do you spend looking at your tires, dude?!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just lending my .02 in as when I was considering which vehicle I also looked at maintenance cost (including tire replacement.)

After reviewing the tires available I would lean (right now) towards the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 265/50R20 XL's. If you live in a climate where snow isn't an issue then consider these tires. Why I am leaning towards these is simple. Load & Speed rating is much higher, reviews of performance are better, and price. Also, if you go to 1010 reviews most of the other tires are reviewed by car drivers not SUV/Truck drivers. I would hold more credence to a SUV/Truck review since weight will play a part in tread wear. Just another thing to consider.

Again this is just what I've seen and will continue to digest which tire to go with when the time comes. But, I would consider the Hankook's as one of your top two choices.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok here we go I own the BFGOODRICH KDWR 265-50-20 let me tell you that these tires are UNREAL makes the FX feel like its on rails...you will not be dissapointed...
Phil

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't have doubts the BFG will make it seem like you're on "rails" However, the Hankook are given just as good reviews on 1010tires.com. With their price being significantly lower and tread/speed/load ratings higher the prudent nod would have to go towards them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
jus placed an order.

hello all! i'm a newbie on this site. i am just coming up on 28k on my fx. i've done some research myself on several diferent makes from good to excellent. these tires would range from the factory sizes 165/50/20's, to minor variations in width to heighth. of course the stock options are: Falken Ziex S/TZ-04, Nitto NT420S, Hankook Ventus ST RHO6. Then of course i've considered the extreme perfermance tires Pirelli's scorpions and scorpions zero asimmetrico. another personal choice one should consider is the tread wear you want. the pirellis are @ 220-240. i've decided on the Hankook Ventus ST RHO6 size 275/45/20 , the tread wear is @ 420 my total cost was $550 for all 4 with shipping. according to this site that size shouldn't cause any rubbing. if ne1 is interested here's the info: Goodguys tires 1 800 559 4897

8:00 am to 6:00 pm PST

hope u find this helpful.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
tires

i just ordered toyos but i changed the size to 285/50/20 did i do the right thing or not? :!:

·
Registered
206 Posts
i just ordered the toyos but i got the 285/50/20 what do you guys think?

·
Registered
206 Posts
how did that happen :oops:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.