Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to swap out my fog bulbs and want to go for the yellow Lexus fog look, but not sure what bulbs to use. Currently, my choices are PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow or Polarg Pure Yellow. I'd like opinions as to which would best match the look I want to achieve.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
PIAA had a bad rep for burning out quickly but they have been great for me. I vote PIAA.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you guys get Raybrig over in the US/Canada? I've experimented with both PIAA and Raybrig and although the products cost exactly the same and offer very similar items Raybrigs have always lasted longer on the various cars I used them on.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
DCD said:
Do you guys get Raybrig over in the US/Canada? I've experimented with both PIAA and Raybrig and although the products cost exactly the same and offer very similar items Raybrigs have always lasted longer on the various cars I used them on.
you CAN get raybrig here, but they are all shipped straight from you.......

can yopu find out what the highest (K) raybrig's are out there??

looking to color-match 10,000K hid bulbs (yessir, they're real)

sms

ps- i might wanna try the amberlight (MGFR) contrast as well; i dont run the fogs at all anymore, as the hid's are VERY piercing by themselves....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be sure to post pics when I get it done. I remember someone on FA PS'd a pic with yellow fogs and it looked awesome. I'd find the pic and post it, but FA's search function is down.

Esemes, what color temp are you currently running in your headlights? I wouldn't ming going to 6000k to get a little more blue in them, but I can't see how anyone would want 8000 or 10,000k bulbs; don't you actually lose illuminosity (is that a word?) the higher in color temp you go? The stock bulbs may not be the most aesthetically pleasing as far as their "coo" factor, but they light up the road wonderfully; I wouldn't want to sacrifice performance for looks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
esemes said:
DCD said:
you CAN get raybrig here, but they are all shipped straight from you.......

can yopu find out what the highest (K) raybrig's are out there??

looking to color-match 10,000K hid bulbs (yessir, they're real)

sms

ps- i might wanna try the amberlight (MGFR) contrast as well; i dont run the fogs at all anymore, as the hid's are VERY piercing by themselves....

Yes sure I can check for you. What type bulbs are the fogs? H4?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just had a look at the Japanese Raybrig website and the halogen bulbs only come in the following types:

H4
H3
H3C
H1
H7
H11
HB3
HB4

Obviously you guys use a different system in the US. I would assume the fogs are H4s? Highest temp rating is 5000 kelvin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts