Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is primarly the wifes ride. But, somehow Im being sucked into mods for this vehicle. :D How many swapped your 18's for 20's? Hers is w/o sport package. Other than looks, would I benefit from doing this?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So anybody gonna answer this? Did a search on adding Sport, but didnt find anything. How about 20's w/o sport.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Asside from looks, you'll gain better cornering grip and handling responsiveness due to a shorter, stiffer sidewall. Your ride quality will also get stiffer (you'll feel the road more) for the same reason.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grubbs quoted me $986 a wheel! Is that right? whole sport package was only $1500...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I got a set for $660 during their yr end clearance. Look out for them on eBay. You could find them for ~1000 w/o tires.

You may also want to consider your aftermarket options. There are light weight forged 20s you could go with.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ujmot said:
I got a set for $660 during their yr end clearance. Look out for them on eBay. You could find them for ~1000 w/o tires.

You may also want to consider your aftermarket options. There are light weight forged 20s you could go with.
Thanks, Thats what Im talking about. $600 - $1000 sound's right. Ive looked at aftermarket rims and like the OEMS (right balance of class and sport)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Got the 20"s from Grubbs in Jan/Feb. They were clearing out their excess inventory and I needed an extra set of wheels for my snow tires. There's no guarantee they'll sell them at that deep of a discount again, so best bet - look on eBay.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I HAVE A SET OF 18S LOOKING TO GET RID IF ANYONE LOOKING FOR A CHANGE DURING THOSE WHITE WINTERS. 20S DONT CUT IT IN THE SNOW.

·
Registered
551 Posts
tires

hi,
I am interested in yer 18's. Can u p/m me pls ?
thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I swapped my OEM 18s for OEM 2004 20s. Got the wheels and tires on Ebay for $2000. Nice deal I thought. Sold my 18s for a fairly good price as well to a fellow FA member.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts