Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 FX35 with 20" wheels. I have had a LOT of problems with brakes squealing & grinding. I have brought it in for service several times and they tell me to call corporate. I called corporate and was informed that their engineers are working with the engineers in japan on a fix and that my friendly neighborhood dealer will inform me when it is available. Then they apologized for the "inconvenience". This is ruining an otherwise pleasurable driving experience. So much so that I've been trying to figure out how to get out of my lease. I'm just wondering if anyone has gone from 20's down to 18's and how it affected ride, mileage, and braking. In a perfect world Infiniti would be replacing the brakes. I've come to see that will never happen. Also, how much would I expect to pay for 18's?

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

I saw a set of 18's on eBay. The auction ends in 3 hours. It's 4 wheels and tires for $699 starting bid or $800 Buy It Now. It's even local to Southern California.

Any input would be welcome.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ok you can try this...either ask nissan to see if they will pick up the repair or you can go to your own mechanic..1st how many miles on the car?? next you can have the rotors cut & replace pads with the ceramic pads...no squeaking period..and should last longer than regular pads..if nissan is to stupid to figure this out tell them this is what you want to do and let them pic up the tab..good luck
Phil

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I dont think 18s is going to change anything for you.

I have the 20s and I have the same as you.

In reverse, when cold, it has a horrible rubbing/grinding sound, but that is "normal" according to Infiniti. Talking to many others, they have it too.

Also, when I am traveling very slow, like less than 10mph, I hear a squeal like my rotor is warped and it only hits at a certain point during revolutions. squeak squeak squeak.

Oddly with the windows up, I hear it. If I drop the windows, I do not.

I finally just turn the radio up and forget about it.

Been in the shop three times for this, nothing ever fixed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have just over 10,000 miles. This has been going on from the beginning. I'll be more than happy to call them and request that they take care of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts