Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no doubt that FX(specially 45s) is the one of the sportiest and fastest SUVs out there.

But from 2005 we will run into more SUVs that have 300+ hp like Land Rover LR3(300hp), Jeep GC(w/Hemi, 330hp), Volvo XC90(311hp), BMWX5 4.8si(355hp, 6sec to 60).

Even new minivan, Honda Odyssey has 255hp and it would take 7.4 to 60mph.

Don't you guys think Infiniti needs to bump up FXs HP to go with its look and cornering? For 35, I wouldn't mind revised version of new Pathfinder's 4.0VQ.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
You can never have enough power :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
That's what mods are for!

Most people do not upgrade to the faster versions though so I wouldn't be too worried. I mean what are the prices on those things?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Let's not forget that even standing still the FX looks like it's moving.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just saw a commercial tonight about the new Jeep GC (w/Hemi, 330hp) "blowing" away the competition on the streets and then heading offroad.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
topguy said:
7.4 secs? :-k Motorweek tested it last weekend and it was over 8 seconds. Considering it is ~300 lbs heavier and 25hp weaker, 8 secs seems more likely. Plus the Honda is a brick in terms of drag (twice that of the FX).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Oh Yeah, PINODY's an '02, 240 hp (stock), she's not stock. Custom fabricated Injen CAI, got rid of the engine cover so you can see our newly polished plenum, free - flow cats. and custom exhaust, just to name few go-fast mods. ~ not bad for a work van, huh? / Let's Line 'em up, c'mon.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
particlefx said:
topguy said:
7.4 secs? :-k Motorweek tested it last weekend and it was over 8 seconds. Considering it is ~300 lbs heavier and 25hp weaker, 8 secs seems more likely. Plus the Honda is a brick in terms of drag (twice that of the FX).
That number was from Car & Driver or MotorTrend or Road & Track :?: don't remember. I'm in FL now.

·
Registered
882 Posts
i'm sorry but that oddysey looks like something a ricer on crack would have done

·
Registered
549 Posts
How about the 2005 $110K Cayenne Turbo that will have an option for 500HP (up from 450HP). With a GIAC ECU mod, exhaust and performance filters, it may easily touch 560HP-600HP along with nearly as much torque. I hear 4.8-4.9 secs 0-60MPH stock! Porsche is always underestimating times as well. Just an Upsolute ECU upgrade and filters should get you to 560HP.

There are 600HP-750HP Turbo Cayennes out there right now that are completely streetable and not far in driveability from stock. Of course, as a former 996TT owner, I'm still not interested at all in the Cayenne regardless of price. It doesn't drive as well nor is as quiet as the FX45. To tell you the truth I was surprisingly disappointed how the regular S compared to it's competition. I've been in several design and marketing studies on SUVs where we do drive them over a road course, review GPS NAV, etc. etc. and the FX is the best as of 2004 overall. For luxury ===> 2004+ GX470. Other end of the sports spectrum (best value) ===> RX330. Of course these are my opinions :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
mushutofu said:
i'm sorry but that oddysey looks like something a ricer on crack would have done
...And not your average Ho-Hum Street Crack either! 8) ...that's Fried Rice.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
I don't mind getting beat by a $110K SUV.
Ditto, and since the ones I've seen have all been (ineptly) driven by the geezer set, getting beaten's not absolutely assured, either.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does this leopard steering wheel cover come with matching underwear? If so, I want one too!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Na, ...I believe the driver chooses not to wear any! :p

·
Registered
882 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is too funny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts