Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 AWD FX35 and It’s recently developed a bump steer issue I’m thinking it may be bad front struts. The situation- when I drive the car at normal city speeds it’s rides great only until you hit a rough spot in the road or go over a bump there’s a pretty violent shake in the stering wheel one you go over the bump it smooths out and rides just as smooth as new, I will also note there isn’t a floating feeling that you would normally encounter with bad struts. I work in the shop at a dealership and have checked all key suspension parts (besides the struts) and all seem to be in proper mechanical condition, im familiar with how these fx’s drive and handle and this isn’t normal. Any help or advice of what I need to look for to further diagnose this issue would be great

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ran into that same issue especially when changing lanes on the freeway crossing over the markers would make my 2004 FX35 jump and become a bit scary unstable like. So I had the springs, struts, shocks on both front and back replaced and haven't had a problem since. I had an inspection done on the suspencion and infinity found that I had several bushings that are worn and a couple that are actually leaking. They said I could do it myself but to come in after to let them check the alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts