Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on Nissan-Infiniti News about the '05 FX changes. It states "In addition, all FX suspensions are retuned for improved ride comfort." Does anyone know if that means there are any suspension chanes or is this just referencing the same change from '04?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
kflanary said:
I was reading on Nissan-Infiniti News about the '05 FX changes. It states "In addition, all FX suspensions are retuned for improved ride comfort." Does anyone know if that means there are any suspension chanes or is this just referencing the same change from '04?
I noticed that also and just assumed it to be the same "improvement" from '04.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Sounds like standard marketing hype to me, better than "we changed all this cosmetic stuff to try to fool people but really it's exactly the same as last year!". That belongs in one of those Budweiser TRUE commercials.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know some '04 FX owners prefer to believe it's a lie, but it really does appear that the 2005 FX suspension is being fine tuned for improved ride comfort. You know, from the complaints I have been reading around here, this improvement sounds like it was in very high demand, and so I would have expected people to be saying “it's about **** time!”…perhaps that is what they are quietly thinking, then downplaying the suspension improvement by passing it off as being a fabricated lie from Nissan. pfff

Come on, the mention of the suspension improvement was placed in the very same paragraph as the new Lane Departure Warning system. So why would they go to such extent to lie about this improvement?? I sure hope it's true. If they are lying about the suspension improvement then the existence of the LDW system must be a BS lie as well.

The changes to the FX for the 2005 model year are led by enhancements to its safety features, including rollover sensor, Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) and the availability of a new Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system. LDW works to alert the driver to any unintended movement of the vehicle out of a designated traffic lane. The FX is the first passenger vehicle application of LDW in North America. In addition, all FX suspensions are retuned for improved ride comfort.

Source:
http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/news ... 2240.shtml

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Shawn said:
I sure hope it's true.
I do too, it would be good for the Infiniti brand and the FX platform to demonstrate consistant improvements year after year based on customer feedback. Will have to take a test drive after my local dealer gets them in to check it out.

·
Registered
597 Posts
After they addressed the stiff ride issue prior to '04 model year, the skidpad numbers went down. Now they'll go down even more. Nobody wants to talk about the dogsh!t quality of the roads we drive on though. In Boston roads are so bad that they'd make a Somali refugee gag :roll: . Couple years ago you could easily leave a behind an axle or two when driving thru Chinatown at night.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Shawn...I'm one of the folks who previously said that the ride was too stiff for driving the family around, and still feel that way. However, if they soften the ride at the expense of handling, I think they're making a big mistake. What they really need is an optional (many wouldn't want it) adjustable suspension.

·
Registered
15 Posts
pudicus said:
After they addressed the stiff ride issue prior to '04 model year, the skidpad numbers went down. Now they'll go down even more. Nobody wants to talk about the dogsh!t quality of the roads we drive on though. In Boston roads are so bad that they'd make a Somali refugee gag :roll: . Couple years ago you could easily leave a behind an axle or two when driving thru Chinatown at night.
I agree with you. I have had my 04 for a month now and I do love the vehicle, I just wish the ride was a bit more forgiving. I love the handling, but I know you can have your ride and great handling too. Now if the 05's do have a better, ride, I will be pissed! I would have waited for an 05 instead. Maybe I can swap it at the dealership??

If anyone has driven an 05 and knows for sure that the ride is better, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Looks like somebody should have bought a Lex-Z-Boy. :p

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Smaller wheels (18")/ greater-aspect ratio tires make all the difference in ride comfort guys. You can easily do the swap (if you have 20's) without affecting the speedo or odo. Can't have your cake and eat it too if you absolutely must have the 20's...:p

No one has been able to verify that the part numbers for the struts/shocks and springs are different between the non-sport and sport models yet so swapping them out won't help. Hmmm...wonder if the part numbers for these things are different for the 05 FXs...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
GeoFX said:
ride comfort
Heh. To me, "ride comfort" means your 'draws aren't fulla poo 'cause you almost lost it on a hard cornering manuever!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Note that the biggest 2005 price increase, that I could find, is for the FX35 Sport Package which has a $450 price increase over last year. I can see no differences other than a potential difference in suspension as per this thread.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Eibach Springs, Stillen STB and tires set @ 32 PSI Cold cumulatively improved ride comfort on my FX45. A nicer ride with better handling!

Check your tire pressures. It makes a big difference!

·
Registered
15 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
Eibach Springs, Stillen STB and tires set @ 32 PSI Cold cumulatively improved ride comfort on my FX45. A nicer ride with better handling!

Check your tire pressures. It makes a big difference!
can you give me links to the items you had installed? Also the tires are correct at 32psi. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
549 Posts
ccap:

Best source for pics, advice, insights and answers to many questions is to do a simple search of "Eibach Springs" and "Stillen stb (strut tower bar)." I'm sure you'll find lots of information on these 2 mods.

Good Luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts