3,233 Posts
johnmax said:
Only the cheapskate ones :wink:
:lol:

Hhmmmmm- :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Question: Does one single donation from a member make them a "supporting member" permanently? If so, I wonder if it would be more advantagous to make this an annual (or semi-annual) title, so that if a person makes a single donation, they are made a supporting member for a 6-month or 1-year period. I was just thinking that it isn't much fair to a member who makes several donations a year to give the same priveleges to a member who made a single donation 2 years ago. Just a thought.......don't want to start any fights. :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
GixxerSteve said:
Question: Does one single donation from a member make them a "supporting member" permanently? If so, I wonder if it would be more advantagous to make this an annual (or semi-annual) title, so that if a person makes a single donation, they are made a supporting member for a 6-month or 1-year period. I was just thinking that it isn't much fair to a member who makes several donations a year to give the same priveleges to a member who made a single donation 2 years ago. Just a thought.......don't want to start any fights. :oops:
I have thought about this in the past. Right now I'm not sure if there's a way for me to track this (other than manually). I *completely* understand where your coming from with that, as someone that donated $50 bux looks the same as someone that donated $5, and currently "forever".

Certainly it would be better for *me* :) I will look into it again to see what's out there as far as mods to help manage something like that. I know there's a paypal integration mod in development that is supposed to work with another mod "auto groups" that would automate the "supporting members" process here, however I'm not sure if it deals with time-limited subscriptions/donations.

And "shesh" you know your doing something right when a member asks for a time-limited pay based status :D

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
anually or bi-annually, there may be a forum plug-in for that...

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Annually would be good. I try to support on an annual basis. Kind of like buying a magazine subscription. If the system took away my supporting member status it would remind me it is time to support.

I hate to use them as an example but FA does have a pretty good system for supporting the site with annual or unlimited subscriptions and various status levels. Since the principal support for this site comes from donations a system like that might be beneficial.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I do my best to give yearly. :D

Sometimes I am a bit late but I make it up.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey I just found this..pretty cool ..I've been away for a while .I like the new site but it does take some getting use to.
Good job guys.

TKR

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
bump bump!

I guess to celebrate my first 'mod' (more like oem upgrade) i've finally attempted to help the .org cause! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
pmanliu said:
bump bump!

I guess to celebrate my first 'mod' (more like oem upgrade) i've finally attempted to help the .org cause! :mrgreen:
Congrats! Now to get you to one of the meets!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
aiya said:
pmanliu said:
bump bump!

Congrats! Now to get you to one of the meets!
haha well im thinking about hitting up Turbo's place pretty soon to get some things installed if all goes as planned, maybe we can have a mini-meet? Dim-sum? :idea: haha

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
nice! I love invading turbo's shop so he can't get any work done. Haha

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
yeah, I think I now have had quite a few unofficial undercover mini meets 8)

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
turbocad6 said:
yeah, I think I now have had quite a few unofficial undercover mini meets 8)
:shock: What ? When ?? Who ??? ...n u don't tell us ???? shame I tell u :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts