Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the following problem on my FX35 yesterday (less than a week old):
Opening the sunroof is no problem. When I tried to close it by pushing the close button once, it re-opened every time it hit the wind deflector. I did try it a few times, always with the same result. Then I kept my finger on the close button, and the sunroof inched forward, stopped, inched forward, stopped etc until it was finally closed.

The other observation was when going performing an auto closefrom the tilted position. The sunroof closed, but the immediately opened up sliding back all the way.

Any thoughts here? Anybody experiencing the same problems? :(
Other than that - THIS CAR IS A BLAST.
But I have little to no tolerance for any kind of failures - after just turning in a lemon (2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - PoS!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Call the Service Manager at your local dealership. He can walk you through the procedure to reset by pressing the rocker switch in the right order. Happened to me!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH TILTING ROOF WHILE DRIVING. HELD DOWN BUTTON TILL IT SHUT . VERY TEMPERMENTAL. MAYBE HAS SAFETY FEATURE AND AIR PRESSURE WHILE DRIVING PREVENTS CLOSURE?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
superchargedIIfx said:
AIR PRESSURE WHILE DRIVING PREVENTS CLOSURE?
(FYI, all caps is considered YELLING! in online fora!)

Anyway, I roll my sunroof up all the time at speed (I tend to have it open when on the street, then close it on the highway). I've closed it at speeds up to 110 with no problems.

·
Registered
176 Posts
same thing is happening to me now. I am calling my dealer

edit: Dealer said there is no reset prcedure or button for sunroof. They also said it might be that the switch is going bad, or there is wiring issue. Does anyone knows more about this issue?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts