Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the following problem on my FX35 yesterday (less than a week old):
Opening the sunroof is no problem. When I tried to close it by pushing the close button once, it re-opened every time it hit the wind deflector. I did try it a few times, always with the same result. Then I kept my finger on the close button, and the sunroof inched forward, stopped, inched forward, stopped etc until it was finally closed.

The other observation was when going performing an auto closefrom the tilted position. The sunroof closed, but the immediately opened up sliding back all the way.

Any thoughts here? Anybody experiencing the same problems? :(
Other than that - THIS CAR IS A BLAST.
But I have little to no tolerance for any kind of failures - after just turning in a lemon (2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - PoS!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It retracts as soon as it hits the the wind visor (or whatever you want to call it). Also, I noticed that once it is closed, there is a rattle coming from the sunroof. :evil:

But I will check the tracks ...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Do your sunroofs close and open really slowly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It only closes slowly when I keep the "close" button pressed down. This is the only way I can get it closed right now. Otherwise it auto reverses as soon as it hits the wind visor.

I will try lubing it as well.

The other oddit, as mentioned, is when I push the close button (not holding it down) to close the sunroof from the tilt position, it closes it, but then immediately opens the sunroof all the way sliding it back.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
It takes mine 6 seconds to fully open or close. On occasion my BMW gets confused and will do something similar to what you are describing. Who'd a thought that designing and programming a sunroof would be so difficult? :roll: Anyway, since your sunroof's problem is reproducible, go have the dealer fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts