Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the sunroof wind deflector? Any help on how it is done?

I seem to get a lot of wind noise when the roof is open. Think this will help?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went ahead a performed this install today. It took me about an hour and a half. It would only take 15 minutes if I had to do it again. Easy install once you have done one. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
id like to see how it attaches, and alos have some readings (on a decibel meter) of before and after....

(j/k on the db meter)

anyway, my old prelude had one, that attached with c-clips.....

does this one interfere with the lowest position of the antenna??

PIX!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you lower the antenna to it's lowest position it is flush with the top of the deflector. It would probably vibrate and make noise against the deflector in this position.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Pics of your FX with the deflector on? :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I bought my FX I had the dealer throw in the wind deflector. They had to order the deflector. I drove my FX with out the deflector for a few weeks, once they installed the wind deflector the noise was significantly better (as least using my butt dosimeter).

·
Registered
8 Posts
EZ Install

I just installed the wind deflector, relatively easy, just placement issues/challenges.

You will also need a 3/8" as well to hold the nut in place while tightening.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does the wind defelector cover much of the forward portion of the sunroof, effectively reducing the opening? This is one of my concerns regarding the wind deflector. Pics from inside looking out would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Opening ...

The deflector does come over the opening, just a little bit, I'll have to double check and maybe take a picture.

Didn't think of that b/f I got it, but good point.

·
Registered
551 Posts
pic would be nice....... :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
More info

From directly under the sunroof line, the wind deflector hangs over about 1+ inch; however, from sitting in the driver's seat (where you sit back and look up to the front of the sunroof), you see about 2+ inches of the wind deflector.

·
Registered
551 Posts
today I was cruising along at about 70mph with sun roof open and there is a lotta noise. I reached up and flipped down the so called" built in deflector" to quite a reduction in wind noise.

Has ne1 removed this piece ???

Thanx :)
]

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The addition of the wind deflector reduced a significant amount of wind noise when I added it. It's worth putting on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts