Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sunroof seal seems to barely be touching the roof structure mainly on the trunk side. Not a tight seal by any means. Can you all check the quality of your seal and let me know if I am the only one with a less-than-snug fit? I haven't found anything leaking but wonder how it could not leak with this type of fit. TIA.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I remember putting on vinylex on my seal and it seemed like a pretty snug fit. I would goto the dealer and have them look at it before it fails.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer lot and looked at some of the FX's on the lot. They all had sunroof seals that looked like mine. If mine leaks, then they all will.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
my pop always said

dont fix what aint broke.....

then again, my pop never bought a 50K car, with all the amenities we have......

man, i miss my dad.....

anyway, id say try to shoot water in with a garden hose.... if you stay dry (maybe put a towel down J.I.C.) then it's a closed case.....

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Esemes, I have been out in some heavy rain as well as poured water around the seal to see if it leaks. It hasn't, but lookin at the FX sunroof seals I don't understand why it hasn't. These seals barely touch the frame of vehicle. Take a close look at it sometime, at least on the 04's anyway.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Can you try this test on your sunroof?

Open the sunroof and and then tap the close button to use the Auto close feature. Now check to see how well it sealed.

Now, tilt the sunroof up and then tap the down butt to trigger the auto close feature. Now check again.

I think I remember someone saying one method created a better seal then the other.

·
Registered
38 Posts
gtxjoe said:
Can you try this test on your sunroof?

Open the sunroof and and then tap the close button to use the Auto close feature. Now check to see how well it sealed.

Now, tilt the sunroof up and then tap the down butt to trigger the auto close feature. Now check again.

I think I remember someone saying one method created a better seal then the other.
I raised this question in this post http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=266 but my issue is more with wind noise vs. a concern for leaking.

Based on what I have seen with other cars that I've had that had a sunroof, the channels below the glass have drain tubes that extend down to the undercarriage to remove any water that may come through the seal. I assume the FX sunroof is designed in a similar manner.[/url]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts