Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before on that other forum, but after doing a search, it didn't seem as though there was any resolution.

When closing the sunroof from tilt mode, there is noticeable wind noise that is only resolved by using my hand to push the sunroof forward or by opening the sunroof in sliding mode and then closing it.

I mentioned this when taking my FX in for the first oil change last week, and they said that they cleaned the seal and that should fix the problem. Within a day, it was doing the same thing again.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes? I planning on using Lexol on the seal as soon as I get a chance, but not sure if that will make a difference...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Copper_FX said:
I know this has been discussed before on that other forum, but after doing a search, it didn't seem as though there was any resolution.

When closing the sunroof from tilt mode, there is noticeable wind noise that is only resolved by using my hand to push the sunroof forward or by opening the sunroof in sliding mode and then closing it.

I mentioned this when taking my FX in for the first oil change last week, and they said that they cleaned the seal and that should fix the problem. Within a day, it was doing the same thing again.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes? I planning on using Lexol on the seal as soon as I get a chance, but not sure if that will make a difference...
i replied before, so i will keep it brief here.....

i tried the experiemnt, and found no measurasble differences...

believe me though, vinylex (the vinyl product made by the makers of lexol) made a huge difference on my squeeky/creaky roof seal

i would not use the lexol product on such an important seal/strip, as it is intended to saturate the pours and act as a repellant... (not sure about the vinylex's design, but IT WORKS!)

please CLICK HERE for details on the vinylex

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
esemes...your right, I meant Vinylex, not any of the other Lexol products. I haven't really noticed any squeeky/creaky sounds from mine though.

Am I to assume from the lack of responses that no one else is experiencing this issue??? Seem silly that I would have to close open and close my sunroof every time its been tilted to make a good seal.

Let me know if any of you are experiencing the same thing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Copper_FX said:
Am I to assume from the lack of responses that no one else is experiencing this issue?
Well, as another datapoint, I've been able to open/close my sunroof in both ways at as much as 80MPH, and have no sealing issues.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
REPORTING BACK:::

i have no audible differences in the seal from full-open or tilting-open....

it DOES look like the glass slides further forward from a full open mode.........

maybe this is so it can run the upper (tilt) track also??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts