Infiniti FX Forum banner

Subframe differential bushing leak

12K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jackysatio 
#1 ·
I was rear ended 2 months ago on the freeway ( 2006 FX35). The insurance fixed it up and I just noticed some dry leak residue on the subframe differential bushing (see pic).
There is no fresh leak that is showing. Does this mean that all the oil already leaked? I don't notice any problem with the car, i just happened to see it.
Any potential risk if i keep it like that without fixing?
I did some research and it seems i need to change the whole crossmember for ~ $600 parts + another ~ $600 labor.

Is this a common problem or could it be from the accident?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
No idea where this is located so I cant check on my car but if this is the under carriage then I think mine is not as clean as this to tell if something is leaking.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I know this is an old,old thread... but mine just started leaking on a 15 year old vehicle...

Is there any COMPELLING reason to even fix this at all. If it all leaks out over time, does it affect anything with the function or usability of the rear differential or will damage anything?

Thank you !

#8 ·
Helo guys, I know this is old thread.
Megan racing offers one for rear diff bushing replacement, will it fit infiniti fx37?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.